ManzKea

Team evil 12s

I would try 250 . Thats what I got on each of my power runs

iv heard stuff about circuit breakers.like they can wear out . .   Never used one my self for audio befor though

Alright guys back again. So I’ve gotten a chance to use my Altima more now. And I just threw a larger amp fuse inline and it hasn’t blown since. I went from 200amps to 300.  I know I know it’s frown upon. Lol sorry. 

Anywho my first impression was a negetive one. It sounded muddy and hollow. And really disappointing. I tweaked my amp a little, increased the lpf. Had it on 60hz I went up a few clicks. (The bass line maxes out at 250hz ) I tried to shoot for 100hz.  I also turned the bass boost down and increased the frequency. I had it at 35hz and a few ticks upwards.  So now it’s around 50hz and the boost is down to the minimal.  ( not sure if it does any effect)

anyways next day it sounded better. A little louder and deeper. I noticed with all 4 windows down it sucks inside the cab. It’s loud to my ear but can’t feel the bass. But with the back windows rolled up it’s crazy. I feel everything and it gets hella windy!   Not sure how loud things are outside to the public. I didn’t have a chance to do a distance test. I will this week when I’m at work in an industrial park. But the more it plays the better it gets. Louder lower. Not so crazy on the high bass but maybe that’ll come in time. 

Compared to the evils....it’s loud in its own way. It’s lower but still loud. Unlike the zv5. The evils hit all the notes wonderfully. The teams hit the lows with authority but not so much on the higher bandwidth.  I’m comparing it because I had the evils in the same box prior to moving them into my Jeep. And I was told the Box specs are similar. So I’ll give it more run time. Maybe it needs a good break in period. I don’t wanna build another box so soon especially since it’s suppose to be to specs.  

Other than it being substantially louder with the back windows down, I wish it would be like that windows up. I guess it needs to load or something. On the bright side it’s hella windy. I’m able to do a bottle trick! Just gotta find a song that holds that note longer to keep it a float more. I’ll be sure to get videos soon.  

I enjoy it but just wish upper bass had more oomph. Above all, it’s better than the 15” zv5 I once had. 

whoop whoop  sounding louder today  

They are so pretty.  :)  Thanks for posting a vid.

More and more listening and it’s getting louder and aggressive. Still, very different SOUND from the regular ones.  It’s growing on me though. Some of the upper bass still not as hard as with the evils. But in time we shall see

Also. Still jelly... lol

Also. Which sounds more musical? Got the ok from wifey on ordering new subs as soon as things get settled with the new job. Evils, Team evils.. FI sp4's, or FI btl neo's. Im torn. I want them all lol. But it will be daily.

I vote for the evils! I love em in my Jeep. I say that because, I’ve had the evils in this car using the same box. And then I switched it to the Jeep and put these in. So I had a direct swap company comparison and the evils sounded better through all bandwidth. The teams are good don’t get me wrong but they don’t have the same bandwidth as the evils do. I did have the evils on 10k and now the teams are on 12k.  

But the teams are hella loud and hits the low notes differently. I was just listening to rack city by tuba and damn. I don’t remember the song hitting that hard before lol. I also did a distance test and it’s hella loud as well.  

What kind of power were were you gonna put on em. I know you said the dc lvl 6 wasn’t good on music. So maybe if since you’re not coming from a musical sub, the teams will blow you away lol. I mean I listen to all songs no problem. It’s not like I skip certain songs or anything, it’s just that compared to the evils. The evils hits things better on the upper end. Upper as in 60hz 80hz. ( that’s just me guessing) lol. So you could take that into consideration as well. 

I also have a 15” sp4 v2. Sitting around lol. 

Thats going into my truck truck once I get to it. 

Oh and sIde not I couldn’t do no bottle trick with the evils. Just a little information. Grant it it is on 2k more power 

My buddy is running ascendant teams. I'm assuming they have to be close to them or a step up. Aaron would know that answer better. I may put them on a taramps 10k. For now I'm still running my sundown ns1.  I'm patiently waiting for the new synergy 8.1 to come out tho. So it'll depend on that price point I suppose.

Right on. Yea the teams look similar to the evils.  How do you like em in person ?

Musically they are pretty impressive. My buddy built his enclosure and they're doing 150s on only 4k (two American bass 150.1's strapped) 147.9s at the headrest

Nice that shyt is slapping. Shaking the toe hitch and off lol. What sizes were you gonna pick up 

18's I've had dozens of 12's and 15's over the years. After having 18's I don't think I could ever go back. He's in the process of putting on a 9 inch lift as I type and some brand new 35's. I'll try and get video. 

Dang turning it Into a monster. 

What makes yiu you say that about the 18s? I’ve never had any experience with em. What makes em life changing ?

It's almost a whole new experience.  I've owned loud setups. And I'm still a fan of anything loud. But the amount of violence possible from the 18s blows anything else I've ever had, or anyone else I've ever known had is out of the water. Every application can't use them. But if I have my way, and the room. That's what I'm stuffing in lol I'm hooked.

Edited by Travis

Don't get me wrong. There's violence in yours. And I'd love to hear it in person. You might be able to sway me. 

It is done. Now for more power and ditch the stock alternator. 

All that off of stock alternator wow. And then t looks great should wrap it 

Yea. He's got a bank of 4 batteries in the back. Still got way more potential.  I'm not trying post hijack lol. I think I'm down to the sp4's or evils. I'm assuming the evils are close or the same sub as the ascendants. Someone local just picked up four of the sp4 18s so I'm hoping to get to hear it before I decide.

Naw I ain’t taking it the wrong way.  Yea I’d love to sample some 18s. Just had the misconception that it’s slow or something. Idk. How is it on fast notes. And yea 18s need a lot of air space 

Naw I ain’t tripping bout the post lol. But yea share what you find about the sp4s. They seem similar. Someone told me the evils are slightly higher up than the sp4

That box is huge. And the port is a monster lol