Sign in to follow this  
ncc74656

multiple mid bass

i have been instructed that you can not use multiple mid bass drivers (or multiple midrange/tweets either) because it is not possible to setup proper staging with this configuration. staging being set via the dsp to push the sound stage past the physical limits of the vehicle. 

is it true that multiple drivers are next to impossible to setup a sound stage on?

Everything when it comes to stage and image is dependent on application. Simply put, what’s best for the specific vehicle in question.

With that being said, anything’s possible as long as you know what you are looking for when it comes to Stage and Image.

For me, it’s always better to accomplish your SQ goals with less. In the same token, cone area is king with mid bass. 

Wish I knew your goals here cause all I’ve read from you is “loud” but you ask SQ questions. Help us out here.

the easiest way to start is with a basic head unit with time alignment and a pair of temporary fab’d up 4” full range drivers attached to your A-Pilar’s. Get an actual idea on that particular vehicle’s capabilities and start asking questions based on your findings.

You will learn ALOT with this very basic setup. Remember, you’re only looking for stage and image here. If you’re looking for anything else, than please disregard everything in this post. 

Hope this helps and happy hunting. Randal

Edited by Randal Johnson
Spelling

Yep, start simple otherwise your setup will never sound good.  Not sure if you are realizing the pattern we are repeating over and over and over and over.