ManzKea

Subs in trunk suggested orientation

Hey guys I’m building a sub box for a friend. He has a 98’ Camry and wants to fit a 15” T1 in there. My question is what’s the best sub orientation for a trunk setup. I have Sounds in my Altima but I got port and sub firing into the cabin. My friend doesn’t wanna leave his seats down so he asked to have it both firing backwards.  

Is subs and port back best for a trunk set up? Or is sub up port back works better? I even seen people saying sub up port to the side is really good. But I’m building the box the total usable width so I don’t wanna fire the port right against a wall. Thanks for the input as always guys. 

My vote would be sub up port to passenger side. I know you dont wanna sacrifice width and i understand that. Port back sub back cant really go wrong. Obviously you know to leave proper airflow and room for the bass wave to roll. 

Honestly I have done both alot and haven't been able to really tell a difference . Sub up mite have made the trunk rattle more if I remember right but couldn't tell I difference in sound inside

Ok. I would wanna put it sub up port back just to add that custom look to it. Thanks for the input. I feel the port to the side might just rattle the heck out of the side it’s firing against. And I guess the more rattle would impress the guy more lol. So I’ll go sub up and port firing to the rear 

I can't see the port firing to the rear causing less rattles than a port firing to the side.

Oh, I was just saying that side panel rattle would be much more irratating to me then the trunk rattle.  That fender rattle would have a different sound than the typical trunk rattle. Which would stand out more. I did it once in my challenger. I had my subs in a bix with a sonotube firing to the side and that panel flex was really irritating. Had a low sounding noise to it which really annoyed me. Being how a trunk has a pass to rattle so when it’s more focused on something else it’s like what the heck is that?