Sign in to follow this  
Bohanan23

8 inch subwoofer(s)

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Starting a build for my single cab. What I have to work with (30-33" L, 10" W, 15-20" H) has limited me to a set of (2) 8's it seems, even though physically I have the volume for 10's or a 12. I have it dialed down to a few subs and I was curious what you guys think? This topic is beating a dead horse, I know. But I'm looking to throw 7-800 RMS on each 8. Looking for something that has some authority in the 32-36 hertz range. My music is 99% rap or decaf with some low bass. Some rock here and there but not enough to justify changing dimensions of box for it. I'm working with Bassahaulics on a box build. For subs I've dialed it down to these choices, let me know what you guys think. Clean power, Big 3, AGM style battery, quality brand amp will all be used.

Sundown SA-8

Sundown X-8

SSA F8L

PSI-8 High Performance

DC Audio M-38

Ampere Audio REV-8

Will either of these really "shine" over another? All within the $150-250 price range, the X being the most I'll be willing to spend ONLY if it's the clear winner on my goals in mind. I want something that can handle lows almost as well as my last center console 12" build in another single cab I had.

Edited by Bohanan23

You have a 30x15 side.  Put the driver facing that way.

In general 8's are lackluster, always size up when you can.

I thought about that, or have the box flare out a little towards the dash once the box passes the sides of the bucket seats. I thought about the driver face sideways but I think that would just look plain awkward and unconventional

Now that you mention it, I could possibly have it facing towards driver or passenger door at the bottom around the area under the dash/radio. Would this hinder performance with it firing sideways?

How about a pair of 10's downfiring?

with a box being 10” wide, is that even possible? with 3/4 MDF? might be able to squeeze 10 1/4”. i’m open to whatever will give me the loudest 32-36 hertz range. i like decaf and plenty of rap with lows 

Edited by Bohanan23

An angle buys you more width...but more hassle and less overall volume in the box.

The 12" side firing is probably your best bet.

Having Drew at Bassahaulics put some layouts together for me. I'll chat with him a little on the 12" on the side vs 2 (I might be able to squeeze 3) 8's downfiring. First box build for me but I have plenty of help along the way.

Side fire 12 . (SSA Icon). :)