Sign in to follow this  
Bayt

my box for 15" Q

jordanfegan008xj0.jpg

I haven't purchased the Q yet but here is the box. Will the bracing get in the way or will I be good? I'll get measurements tomorrow of how far from the hole the bracing is and how many inches in between the two peices if that would help.

Appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum. Box looks solid and clean. Are the braces right up against the port, or are they spaced out a ways? Hard to tell from the pic. If they are up against the port, then they will obstruct the flow, and honestly, you probably dont need the 2X3 (looks like 2X3) in that direction... those panels look ok. The back wall or top to bottom (which you do get some top and bottom strength with the boards on edge like you have them) will be what needs it the most considering they are the largest panels.

Clean work.

Thanks,

Scott

Actually this box was done by BJ at www.fishercustoms.com

Both of the pieces go from the right side of the box to the port. So they are a waste? This is going to sound bad?

Edited by Bayt

Looks good.

Thanks for the compliments on the box.

So Scott, if i leave the bracing the way it is its not going to sound good?

The bracking is somewhat in an odd position (being that it is attached and in front of the port. But jusdging by the openness of everything, Id say it will probably be OK. Normally you dont want to stick anything in front of a port (for air flow reasons).

Thanks,

Scott

Fi Car Audio

The bracking is somewhat in an odd position (being that it is attached and in front of the port. But jusdging by the openness of everything, Id say it will probably be OK. Normally you dont want to stick anything in front of a port (for air flow reasons).

Thanks,

Scott

Fi Car Audio

When you say in front of the port do you mean in the actual port? If so there is no bracing in there. haha.

The bracing just goes to the inside box port wall if that makes any sense. Or is that what you mean when you say "in front of the port"

untitled2copync2.jpg

I thought the bracing was right up against the port

like moving the bracing line in your pick up till you hit the turn in the port...

If that were the case it may affect tuning but the way you have it should be fine

Anyone else have any input?

Scott can you clarify on whether or not the bracing is ok after my example pic?

:puzzled:

He's saying like the bracing appears to be attached to the port itself, and not attached to the larger panels in the enclosure where it should be attached. (where it is most likely to flex)

So if I were to keep the bracing like it is will that really effect the sound? Or should I be ok?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this