Sign in to follow this  
rzza

Making the most of 1400 watts

I don't want to upgrade my amp at the moment so I have to use my Skar rp1500.1, its just north of 1400 watts RMS at 1 ohm.  I want to get the most bass I can but I can't decide which sub to go with?  I'm leaning toward a single VXF-15 but I was hoping to hear some other ideas.  I currently have 2 JL Audio Kappa 120.9s in a sealed box and I want to replace them to get some actual bass.  These sound nice  but I want something that can actually handle the power I have to offer.   These are a wimpy 350 watts each .  Regarding enclosure size, like most people I want to keep some trunk space, 4 cubes is max.  So what would you do?

Most bass and small box are contrary.  4 cubes can work, but contemplate that.

19 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Most bass and small box are contrary.  4 cubes can work, but contemplate that.

Thanks, so what are your thoughts on a single 1500 watt, 15" Skar that requires 3.5 cubes?  Powered with 1400 watts?  Again, I just want to utilize the power that I have, the subs im running cant handle it.  I'm trying to get more boom than they offer.

Also, what about a single Subdown x-12?  I saw a video of one of those subs getting down and it looked satisfying.  

Videos don't really help in the grand scheme of things.  We carry loads of great options on the SSA store and some are on sale right now.