ATX.WeenR

Suggestions from AMPERE & friends

I wanted to ask if there might be someone who has a good trusted box design for the "Ampere Audio-2.0 RVE 8" 300w RMS Subwoofer" as seen on the SSA Store? I'm mostly looking for a single size smaller box and with this 8 I'm hoping I can still build a ported box that isn't the size of a coffin!

I'd even be open to a good bandpass or even 4th or 6th order box given it we're a tried and true plan. Not that these boxes fit into the idea of small but I'd still be interested in seeing what anyone might have to offer. I'm new to winisd and would really like to run some more projects of others and see them on a build platform before trying one of my own from graph to trunk.

Please feel free to toss all the help you have got at this subject. I appreciate all input greatly!

Welcome to SSA, solid choice on sub.  It is a brand new sub, so it is new to market.  We do offer enclosure designs on the SSA store.  Getting your maximum dimensions available for the box, will help for building the box.

Are you stuck on the 8" purely due to size constraints?  Since no specs are available for this driver (I wish companies would take note, and NOT put out a product without the information necessary to provide and informed purchase decision) it's impossible to provide even a generalization on a proper application, so I'm sorry to inform you, but nobody is able to help other than the manufacturer as they will be the ONLY people who know anything about their product's performance.

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Welcome to SSA, solid choice on sub.  It is a brand new sub, so it is new to market.  We do offer enclosure designs on the SSA store.  Getting your maximum dimensions available for the box, will help for building the box.

Aaron, thanks for the help. I do have specs on the space I'm looking to put this sub. I have an honest to God maximum and a desired volume mapped out. The two are greatly different but depending on what the outcome might be I am willing to sacrifice a good but of trunk space for sound quality and overall response just in general. I'd love to be able to hit every audible frequency this sub can handle at peak performance but I'm not an engineer... Yet... And even if I were that's a very tall order.

TIREFRYR:

Yeah I was getting kinda pissy not finding much in the way of T/S parameters or even suggested enclosure dimensions, but I'm trying to refrain as much as possible. I do understand that this isn't Pioneer and that to me is worth a little extra work

. Too much more extra work is gonna be ridiculous but I expected a little. I mean as we know they have the info on these speakers so what is the big deal with sticking a slip of paper in the shipping box? Am I right?

Thanks guys!

Your best bet is to contact Ampere.    Good luck!

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Your best bet is to contact Ampere.    Good luck!

Lol that sounds very unenthusiastic. What's your story Tirefyr? Sounds like you had a run-in of similar proportions as mine.. you get anything resolved? Ever feel like you got what you needed?

16 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Are you stuck on the 8" purely due to size constraints?  Since no specs are available for this driver (I wish companies would take note, and NOT put out a product without the information necessary to provide and informed purchase decision) it's impossible to provide even a generalization on a proper application, so I'm sorry to inform you, but nobody is able to help other than the manufacturer as they will be the ONLY people who know anything about their product's performance.

Oh yeah man and I went with the 8 because I am dealing with space restrictions and the types of music preferred by my girl greatly varies so I wanted a versatile yet strong presence and I've had a pair if 8's once in my younger days and they were just the ticket with my own musical tastes at the time and they fit my trunk well. I only upgraded after I found some free-air 12's that I wanted to try. After building a super tight baffle in my trunk separating my cabin from the trunk space I turned some nay sayers around and sent them packing! That was one setup I was REALLY REALLY proud of! Maybe because I had so many dudes saying free-air subs sucked! Lol

Anyway, yeah eights because I can't use much of the already tight dimensions without being in the dog house.:lame:

16 hours ago, ATX.WeenR said:

Lol that sounds very unenthusiastic. What's your story Tirefyr? Sounds like you had a run-in of similar proportions as mine.. you get anything resolved? Ever feel like you got what you needed?

Nope, I just realize there's no information out there, so you'll have to contact Ampere directly.

16 hours ago, ATX.WeenR said:

Oh yeah man and I went with the 8 because I am dealing with space restrictions and the types of music preferred by my girl greatly varies so I wanted a versatile yet strong presence and I've had a pair if 8's once in my younger days and they were just the ticket with my own musical tastes at the time and they fit my trunk well. I only upgraded after I found some free-air 12's that I wanted to try. After building a super tight baffle in my trunk separating my cabin from the trunk space I turned some nay sayers around and sent them packing! That was one setup I was REALLY REALLY proud of! Maybe because I had so many dudes saying free-air subs sucked! Lol

Anyway, yeah eights because I can't use much of the already tight dimensions without being in the dog house.:lame:

I was just asking because you typed of venting and bandpass enclosures both of which would be nealry 1 or more cubes.  If you have that much space, you have space for a 10 or 12 which is a massive step up in cone area.  Hell one twelve is probably more than a pair of 8s in the same space.

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I was just asking because you typed of venting and bandpass enclosures both of which would be nealry 1 or more cubes.  If you have that much space, you have space for a 10 or 12 which is a massive step up in cone area.  Hell one twelve is probably more than a pair of 8s in the same space.

Yeah I'm aware... I just wanted to see what the specs were honestly. I think more than anything the speaker size is intimidating and if I could slide a box that could work better with a smaller sub in her car I could likely get away with it rather than dropping a 12 in there even in a smaller box. If I could make use of 1.5 or less cubic feet for a bandpass box I might just try it but I think I'm just gonna keep the whole build on the small side. I would just hate to sacrifice any sound quality for the sake of half a cubic foot. If a vented box could produce a better band for only the cost of a small amount of space I'm willing to try getting it past her. 

On 10/8/2018 at 6:20 PM, Tirefryr said:

Nope, I just realize there's no information out there, so you'll have to contact Ampere directly.

Ok so I've now exhausted every alley I have for finding these specs and like you said (don't get me wrong I didn't think you were lying) there ain't shit out there in the way of even a suggested box that might be ok much less T/S parameters for me to plug into winisd etc. to figure it out on my own. And short of spending a 99.99 dollar bill plus shipping which would be more like a 120 dollar bill for an analyzer device from partsexpress (which don't get me wrong I'd cool AF but I shouldn't need to buy) I won't know what to do with this speaker except to just look at other speakers in the same lane and just hope I'm getting as close as possible.

Which I took your advice and emailed the manufacturer but the fact that there is nothing just sucks! And I shouldn't have to go to those lengths. I hope this doesn't end in a video on YouTube of a smoking 8" sub with the name AMPERE framed in flames with a thousand comments by unsatisfied customers flanking said clip!

ampere8.jpg

Box spec as included .65 - .7 cubes tuned to 42 - 48hz

If you would like full T/S parameters please send me an email to ampereaudio@yahoo.com and I will send them out asap. We have yet to update the website but will het that taken care of.

We also have a phone number on our website that we will answer around the clock and I did get your email and overlooked it which I do apologize.

AA2.0 8D2 TS PARAMETER.png

Edited by Andrew2944r