Tidbit96

video of my Orion Amp experiencing extreme menstrual cramps, any suggestions on whats causing this?

This is the video I took in order to help show what my exact problem is I'm dealing w/ currently....if ANYONE has seen this type of behavior in any Amps OR ESPECIALLY if anyone's had an Orion that acted up like this I'd be very great full for any help or suggestions.. thank you! Much appreciated!

Yep, you need a new amp.  Sorry man!

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Yep, you need a new amp.  Sorry man!

Hey man, Thanks for reply, I was affraid that was the issue.... I have 1 more ? for ya, soon I plan 2buy a matchin Soundqubed Amp to push it & monitor the clipping, til' then I have an extra cheap $100 Walmart bought Power Acoustics Razor Amp... of course it won't produce anywhere near the 1200 RMS that my HDS is rated, but do you know is it harmful to run it on insufficient power like that even if it's for just a short amount of time? I'll be able to get my Soundqubed Amp in 2-3 weeks so it would be just a short time...but some1 once told me runnin insufficient power to a sub can cause issues w/ Subwoofer so if this is true I'll just tough it out w/o bass for next few weeks....thought I'd ask if you had any idea if this is true or not. Thanks again though man for the reply I really appreciate it!

You can not underpower a driver.  I don't know where this myth even started.   You can cause damage if the small amplifier is driven into clipping though, but to what extent requires some time consuming measurements.  Basically the clipping heats the coil.  Too much heat and you have a failure point.  If the coil can handle the heat and dissipate it, then it's a non-issue.  You can only hurt a driver if you take it beyond it's thermal or mechanical limits.  

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

You can not underpower a driver.  I don't know where this myth even started.   You can cause damage if the small amplifier is driven into clipping though, but to what extent requires some time consuming measurements.  Basically the clipping heats the coil.  Too much heat and you have a failure point.  If the coil can handle the heat and dissipate it, then it's a non-issue.  You can only hurt a driver if you take it beyond it's thermal or mechanical limits.  

Lol, thanks for the reply man, I was under the same assumption as that myself but surely you know how the YouTube comment section is, its over run w/ rocket scientists & ppl w/ MULTIPLE engineering degrees just cruising the videos dying to tell others how smart they are & how dumb the rest of us are... I'm assuming this is where that myth originated since it's where I first heard it, TWICE if you can believe it lol.... Well thanks for the information regarding my issue man! This forums been a Big big help compared to the YouTube comment section lol.