Tidbit96

Opinions of quality Amplifiers in regards to producing TRUE rated power while on a budget

Recently my Orion Amp I had, pushin a Soundqubed HDS3.1-15" rated 1200RMS, crapped out! I'm lookin for replacement that's affordable & CAPABLE of rated 1200RMS needed to really experience my Soundqubed.

I paid $125 for my Orion 2500.1D & it was rated 1200RMS @1ohm but I doubt it ever made that. I thought 1200RMS for $125 seemed too good to be true. I know I'm not goin back that route, so I'm curious of opinions on Amps under the $200 mark that I can afford & hopefully won't crap out after 9mons like my Orion & hopefully produce 1200RMS. I have a few options/manufacturers that I'm looking at that I'll list, plz give any opinions you have bout these Amps/Manufacturers I list, also plz feel free to make suggestions of possible choices that aren't listed it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Amps/manufacturers currently debating on:

*Precision Power PPI Ice 2600.1

*Skar RP 1200.1D/1500.1D

*Audiopipe APMI mini D 1500w/2000w

*Hifonics Zeus series 1216.1/1816.1D &/or Brutus series 1516.1D

*American Bass Ph1600md &/or VFLHYBRID2800.1D

These are just some of the few manufacturers I've looked at due to there reasonable prices, high enough rating for my needs, & good ratings on Amazon Prime. However, 80%-90% of the comments/reviews written on Amazon appear to be written by ppl who all seem to be EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to audio installation so I don't really trust those ratings so any input from anyone who knows what they're talking about like most everyone in here does Id appreciate greatly! Thanks for any help.

US Acoustics Mike (1500w@1ohm) in the SSA Store, I have one and love mine.

Should ask what amp won't crap on you like your last one did.  Jcarter gave you one option.  

In general your list is lackluster.  Definitely run from the Skarbage.

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

US Acoustics Mike (1500w@1ohm) in the SSA Store, I have one and love mine.

Right on thanks I'll check it out, you know the RMS rating of this Amp by chance? & What, if you don't mind me asking, do you have your US Acoustics amp pushing? Does it handle it pretty easily? Does it get very hot when you're pushing it pretty tough? & Does this Amp by chance have a clipping warning light like the Soundqubed Amps have? I appreciate your input very much! Will definitely check it out!

Clipping lights dont work.

Worrying about output is silly.  1200 or 1500 you won't hear ANY difference

Why did your orion crap out in 1st place? Was it used or new..are you looking for used or new? Bump your price up.might find used ampere2k around 250

Highly suggest you remove skar and audiopipe from your list.  

The US Acoustics suggestion is great, but let's also figure out the cause of the amplifier failure so it doesn't happen again on the new amp.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:07 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Highly suggest you remove skar and audiopipe from your list.  

The US Acoustics suggestion is great, but let's also figure out the cause of the amplifier failure so it doesn't happen again on the new amp.

Thanks for the suggestion.... I've double & triple checked my wiring & I can't see that anything is wrong.... like I said I've had it for 8 or 9 months & it worked decently the entire time until one day it just started doing this..... another forum member told me that he owned an Orion Amp once that did literally the exact same thing mine just started to do & he ended up having to have it repaired professionally..... so I'm hoping it's just the same situation as he had because, although I'm not a professional installation man, I've installed well over a couple dozen systems & I understand how everything works for the most part, I've nvr had any issues like this before at least.... If you have any ideas or opinions on something that I may have missed or did wrong, I'm open to any suggestions &/or opinions.... Thanks for your reply though