Sign in to follow this  
ATX.WeenR

VFL Comp 2K Amp Specs?

Hey do any of you have a good link to the RMS specs for the VFL Comp 2K Amp listed on the SSA site. I just got one and it's a big ol beast of a hunk of metal but the booklet that came with it is one of those one size fits all VFL Amps booklet so it shows all kinds of wiring options but zero in the way of specs and I'm trying to set my gains on my amps without the help of an oscope (believe me I'm ordering one this week) anyway until I can do this I still need those specs so I feel safe.. not that I can't hear distortion but as much as I want to check what's going on and I'm just OCD like this. Thank you!

Continue with what you were doing.

Fuse rating is 180a, seen a dyno on youtube that produced 1773w or something like that. So somewhere in that ballpark. If it is rated at 1800watts, amplifiers arent 100% efficient so you wont see those numbers anyway. Most amps are rated at 14.4v so unless you can maintain perfect voltage while jamming, you wont see those numbers. 

Edited by jcarter1885

Jcarter, thanks man, I'm doing well with it and luckily I haven't blown anything up yet.  I am finding that similar to what you said it's a power hungry beast! 180 amp fuse alone says a ton to me. Hey man just a personal preference thing let me ask you... Do you use an oscope or a dd-1 or just a multi-meter to set gains? Or do you just old school it and set them by ear? I mean that's basically what we had back in the day but if I'm putting this much money into my system I want it to be as close to perfect as I can get it. At least as close to perfect as my components are gonna get me anyway.

No problem at all man, I go by ear when I set my gains.