They are now $200 more expensive again.  If I use last year as a reference, the price won't be that good again until the release of the Pixel 4.

Mine lands on Wednesday night so I can tell you how I feel after...

No love for iPhones here ?
You don't have to get the latest one.

An iPhone 6s+ or 7+ should be cheap enough to compete with those Pixels or Huawei phones.

I'm thinking about getting a red XR. 

The iPhone 10XS isn't as much of a phone as the new Samsung or Pixel phones.  Like always Apple sells on name recognition and not value.  Shocking that idiots are paying $1500 for them.  Seriously, it is a phone.  Those bastards set the damn curve for price too.  If they were cheaper the rest would be as well.

If you are into Apple, stop into an Apple store for service once.  It ought to make you sick to your stomach.  

If you are still in, try to play music.  Itunes is single handedly the worst app for music I have ever seen.  Seriously not usable for anyone with any sort of music collection and considering this is a music based site I would figure that would be many of us.

Then look at accessory prices and repair costs.  Again Apple rape.

It sucks, I used to be a huge apple fan.  My first 8 or so computers were Apples, but then they started to go from the open company to the it is their way or the highway...and I have zero interest in that.  There is a reason that more than 80% of the phones sold in the world are not Apple phones.  

The one argument that used to hold water is if you are using the Apple universe and sharing everything between your phone, pad, computer that it was helpful, but these days that isn't even a benefit.  Helps that WIndows now has intrinsic support for Android since they dropped the Windows phones.

If you have been an Apple supporter you owe it to yourself to go see what progress is.

I could add one other tidbit as well.  As a customer, they are single-handedly the worst company to deal with that has ever existed.  

I love Apple........ Apple Stock that is.  I do use Lindsey's Macbook Air often and it gets the job done, but I am usually hitting a road block on file compatibility or something and I cannot download a freebie shareware to get a work around.

They have lost what once made them a great company and are now dealing with fall out.  Unless they have some major new invention that wows people even their faithful will leave.  They are a long ways off on the value proposition.

And I’m still stuck with my old shitty company IPhone 6s. 

Update, Pixel 3 XL.  Very nice so far.  I've done very little messing with it.  Just got it up and rolling and will tweak and adjust as time allows.

I am rocking one as well.  Love it so far.

On 11/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, ///M5 said:

That case is HUGE.  I haven't run a case in forever and if the new phones weren't stupidly glass everywhere I still wouldn't.  I want a metal framed phone with enough bezel so that corner drops bend the case not the screen.  Alas, no such thing.

120294d1510294506t-super-thin-peel-case-

That is about all I can handle

I haven't "broken" a phone since high school days until the S8(2 of them), then the S9.

They broke even with a case and screen protection.  The first S8 fell from 4 inches, destroyed the back and front.  The next fell from 6, and had a full wrap case from samsung.  As it fell the flap opened and it landed on a small stone.  Broken even with protective coverings.  The S9 fell from a bit higher and landed flat on the screen even with a case when someone bumped into me as I was ordering an UBER in Miami, also destroyed.  I'm still using the broken screen S9 as both penance and I dont really like anything else.  Cut my phone use time a lot when you might get slivers.

:-D

So basically fuck Samsung.  Before that my last 3 LG phones all just suffered an internal catastrophic failure at less than 10 months...lost a bit of data too.

I'm at a complete loss.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:00 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

I love Apple........ Apple Stock that is.  I do use Lindsey's Macbook Air often and it gets the job done, but I am usually hitting a road block on file compatibility or something and I cannot download a freebie shareware to get a work around.

I got in at 330 and out >600 a share myself.  

So far so good.  The fingerprint sensor pull down isn't working 100% for me.  I also occasionally flop on the pill that opens the app drawer, but think it is due to lotion and dry hands with low humidity.  

First day I actually used my whole battery as well.  Not sure what I did though.

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

So far so good.  The fingerprint sensor pull down isn't working 100% for me.  I also occasionally flop on the pill that opens the app drawer, but think it is due to lotion and dry hands with low humidity.  

"Low humidity "

AKA Fap fingers.

Thanks for the insight though.  I will probably get something in January if I continue to sell well.

Edited by dem beats

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

I got in at 330 and out >600 a share myself.  

Well they are hurting pretty bad right now, but will recover.  So a good time to snatch up some more.

I have just got a 64 Go yellow iPhone XR !

I know you're not iPhone lovers, but I am !

:dancing:

Edited by Notorious97200

21 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Well they are hurting pretty bad right now, but will recover.  So a good time to snatch up some more.

I am not so positive on the recovery.  What have they that is new?  Without a big announcenment stagnation.  

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am not sure how that works just yet.

36 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I am not so positive on the recovery.  What have they that is new?  Without a big announcenment stagnation.  

A few product releases, the chip contract with Intel, and I believe some store expansion.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I'm struggling to make payments fam.  Next recession. 

16 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I'm struggling to make payments fam.  Next recession. 

Oh no.  :(  I am sorry to hear that.  What can I do?

7 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Oh no.  :(  I am sorry to hear that.  What can I do?

Me too Matt.

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

A few product releases, the chip contract with Intel, and I believe some store expansion.

Not what I meant, no product revelation means no growth for them.

That and their service in the stores SUCKS.  Can't believe how pompous and idiotic that experience is.