ATX.WeenR

A new BOX build question thread...

Hi everyone I am about to try my hand at making a box of a different type for the first time. Mainly I'm doing this because it is very interesting to me and also because I can stick this speaker in my girl's car and if it sounds awesome I;m hoping she allows it to take up that valuable "grocery getting" real estate in her trunk. So I'll start here.

Vehicle :  2002 Lexus GS300

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height):  36" x 24" x 22"

Subwoofer make and model: Ampere Audio 2.0 8" (spec's below)

Subwoofer Size: 8" 300 Watts RMS

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot (T-Line box hopefully if possible)

What type of music do you like?: Anything and everything. She particularly likes the Old school Hip Hop on LL Cool J's Rock the Bells Radio on SiriusXM

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Daily driver, great sound is my goal always!

Tuning Freq (Hz): 42 (as suggested by Ampere Audio) I think that's a good place to start with a T-Line but I'm open to ideas or suggestions.

Volume : If anyone has the time and desire to help a poor brother out with a little time and the use of your well seasoned, Transmission Line familiar, Sound engineering expertise I would appreciate the hell out of it! I'd even open my door to you next time you find yourself in the Austin TX area so you can enjoy the fruits of your(our) labor. I have some calculations already done but they are very crude and I wouldn't want to put any words into your mouth or send someone down the wrong rabbit hole using my numbers in the event they're not the best or most efficient design. Which I'm certain they aren't I realize that with a T-Line box it's not so much design as it is just pulling the numbers out and using them where needed but I also am not well versed in the ways of folding these things and that's typically where I run into a headache. What to do with the end of my line and where to fold it and etc. 

Up until now I've built a couple ported boxes, like two vented and two ported one aero port, and plenty of sealed enclosures. I even have one old school free air baffle build from my first car way back in the day, and I wish I still had pics of that one because to this day it was my favorite because it even surprised me!

But back to the box. I am not stuck on the idea of a T-Line, but I do want to build something new to me this time. So if your expertise is in 4th order  or 6th order or you think I would enjoy the outcome of something else better then tell me! I mean I have AutoCad 2019 and I can draw all day long, in fact that's actually what I do all day but in the end a pretty cad drawing is only that! I can't make the outcome a great sounding box without some know-how and in the case of any of the previously mentioned boxes I don't have that know how.

So below is the specs that Ampere Audio sent me about the speaker I'm using. It is a dual 4 ohm sub and I will be using one of two different amps both in the range of 750-900 watts rms. (don't worry I'm not going to beat it to death with wattage, I just have more than enough to do the job.) I have no problem turning it down. and being in her car it will likely not get cranked up a whole bunch anyway.

aa2.08d4-parameters.pdf