Sign in to follow this  
DaVibe

Where's All The Beefy SSA Subs?

Guys, did I miss something?

Why is there only one ICON?

Why is there nothing AFTER the ICON?

What's up?  That's it now?

Did a little more searching (and reading).  Guess everything got discontinued, is being re-manufactured (I hope / it seems).

The jump is a little much right now ... from a single 12" 1250rms to ... well, currently nothing.  Even a jump to over 3k would be too much IMO

quick version? 6-8 months ago FI up and dumped ssa and crossfire with 0 notice.  said "we can't keep up so we're done building your subs." so it takes time and money to pretty much start over.

Aaron and Mark are working on bring some back and bringing in some new models. 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:46 AM, Randal Johnson said:

One word ... EVIL

Aww shit. I did not know about all this. 

Mark beat me to it and did a great job breaking it down.  Yes it was a brutal hit, but this is us, and we have come too far and been around too long to let it take us down.  We are first building up the foundation lines again and then we will turn towards the heavy weights.

Just seen this, was wondering what the hell happened with the Subwoofers. Very unprofessional for y'alls OEM to do that to y'all...just no class.

I personally will never buy any product from this OEM (If it is indeed FI) after hearing this.

Well the good news is the Evil motor prototype is underway, and the Zcon is set to return in about 4 weeks.

8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Well the good news is the Evil motor prototype is underway, and the Zcon is set to return in about 4 weeks.

Oh. Exciting news. Trading my amp off for an ampere tfe 9k and a bit of cash. Next is new subs! Edit.. any teaser shots for the zcons?

Edited by Travis

16 hours ago, Travis said:

Oh. Exciting news. Trading my amp off for an ampere tfe 9k and a bit of cash. Next is new subs! Edit.. any teaser shots for the zcons?

Nice amp.  As for the Zcon, its too early yet, I haven't seen the Zcon as it is not completed yet.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Nice amp.  As for the Zcon, its too early yet, I haven't seen the Zcon as it is not completed yet.

Either way I'm sure this is going to be worth the wait. I may do 4 15's. I've been tossing the idea around

39 minutes ago, Travis said:

Either way I'm sure this is going to be worth the wait. I may do 4 15's. I've been tossing the idea around

We are considering a funny build in an old Lexus with some of the new Zcons.

Hey. I might join you guys with the blazer. No doubt they'll be impressive. I was finally set on ordering some devils but then.. well you guys know. 

37 minutes ago, Travis said:

Hey. I might join you guys with the blazer. No doubt they'll be impressive. I was finally set on ordering some devils but then.. well you guys know. 

Yeah, I know, that is how this hobby goes. :)