Armoto286

New to the SSA Forum

Hey guy's! As the title states I am new to the forum. This is my first post on any forum, so....be easy on me on this post and future posts lol. So just wanted to say wassup and glad I found SSA! I have been reading threads on every sight imaginable, just reading and learning about the do's and don'ts of car audio. Also, a ton about different brands and all that good stuff. Stumbled upon SSA and heard nothing but awesome reviews and personal experiences with the company as a whole. Again, glad I found them! After drooling over pictures of several SSA products for 2 years, I finally purchased my first ssa products. Just got 4 evil 6.5 mids and they look awesome! They aren't hooked up yet, but I can't wait till I get them installed! Plan on getting 4 evil tweeters also to go with the evil mids. SSA subs are in my future, just unsure of which one's since my dreams of 2 Xcon 15's are gone, for now at least :(. But anyways, just wanted to say thanks for having me on the forum!

Welcome to SSA.  Thank you for grabbing the Evil65's, hope you like them. 

:WELCOME:

Love my Evil mids so far, just on my factory amp. Cant wait to put a real amp on them.

Thanks man! Might hook them up to my factory infinity amp just to take a quick listen. But they will be powered by a nvx jad 800.4. Hopefully I can get the other amp before sonic electronix runs out of em. Got the first one for $169.99 a week ago.

Welcome 

Been rocking the evil mids and tweeters since they were made. 

11 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

:WELCOME:

Love my Evil mids so far, just on my factory amp. Cant wait to put a real amp on them.

That's awesome too.  :)

10 hours ago, Armoto286 said:

Thanks man! Might hook them up to my factory infinity amp just to take a quick listen. But they will be powered by a nvx jad 800.4. Hopefully I can get the other amp before sonic electronix runs out of em. Got the first one for $169.99 a week ago.

We carry NVX on the SSA Store, but NVX does have inventory inconsistencies.

:welcome:

Let us know how we can help.  Going to love those Evils!

Thanks everyone for the welcoming! I know I'll enjoy them. Funny thing is I have no way to compare them to other speakers, since these are the very first mids and highs I will have bought. Regardless, I'm sure I will love them. They will be worlds better than the cheap stock speakers in my 97 chevy and 96 grand cherokee. Aaron Clinton, I was looking but I didn't see them in stock. I was thinking about going with 2 Jad1200.1's if they were available, just to keep amps the same brand. But, I may go with the Ic2200.1, instead of running 2 amps ya know.

1 hour ago, Armoto286 said:

Thanks everyone for the welcoming! I know I'll enjoy them. Funny thing is I have no way to compare them to other speakers, since these are the very first mids and highs I will have bought. Regardless, I'm sure I will love them. They will be worlds better than the cheap stock speakers in my 97 chevy and 96 grand cherokee. Aaron Clinton, I was looking but I didn't see them in stock. I was thinking about going with 2 Jad1200.1's if they were available, just to keep amps the same brand. But, I may go with the Ic2200.1, instead of running 2 amps ya know.

Yeah, we would need to check in with NVX on stock for the amps again.  The JAD's are decent amps, small footprint for the power.

As for the IC2200, that would be awesome.  It is very under rated,, 0.5 ohm stable, modest footprint, 16v capable etc. 

Might do the ic2200.1 instead then. Is it better to start a new thread or just ask questions in this thread?

21 hours ago, Armoto286 said:

Yeah my factory amp is an Infinity as well, supposedly puts out 50 watts from the research that I done.

16 hours ago, Armoto286 said:

Might do the ic2200.1 instead then. Is it better to start a new thread or just ask questions in this thread?

Maybe make a new topic to get more specific attention to it.  :)

Thanks Randal Johnson. Alright sounds good Aaron. Seems like there is plenty of smart guys here to help me out with any questions I have.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, Armoto286 said:

Thanks Randal Johnson. Alright sounds good Aaron. Seems like there is plenty of smart guys here to help me out with any questions I have.

That's the goal.  ;)