Armoto286

Amp or HU crossover, and HU suggestions

On 12/3/2018 at 7:07 PM, Armoto286 said:

Makes sense. I did not know this but the alpine is tune it app capable. There are some settings in the menu of the head unit, but the app seems a littler easier to me. On the app it has 9 band parametric eq that has quite a few adjustments, also has time correction, fader/balance, crossover adjustment(front and rear hpf and sub lpf), bass engine sq, and a couple other things. Not sure if that's helpful info. 

The Pioneer I linked you to is the same way, albeit with 31 band and some other stuff.

I looked at that particular pioneer you referenced. Also seemed like a good choice and great price. Priced around the same as my barely used alpine head unit. The alpine new is a little bit more on the price side compared to that pioneer. For some reason I thought it was a good deal. But in the long run may cost more than a pioneer 80prs because I will need a dsp more than likely.

DSP is going to cost more than the headunit...and if you keep your current plans you need two of them.

Generally speaking you should never install anything behind you besides a sub.  If you can move the mids so that 2 are in each front door it would be WAY better than 1 in each door.  It would also greatly simplify the needed processing.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

DSP is going to cost more than the headunit...and if you keep your current plans you need two of them.

Generally speaking you should never install anything behind you besides a sub.  If you can move the mids so that 2 are in each front door it would be WAY better than 1 in each door.  It would also greatly simplify the needed processing.

I would but there is hardly any room behind the door panels. I guess my goal is for it to sound really good but at the same time keep up with the sub stage. I know it's not ideal to speakers in the rear doors. I'm not sure it would bother me much. I probably wouldn't be able to tell that they are there as much as some folks would. I understand what you are saying though since rear speakers will pull the sound behind you.