Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Rough plans on an SSA 6-channel & more?

I am working to expand our amplifier offerings, while staying high quality, somewhat unique, and affordable.

First up looks like a class-A/B 6 channel.  No crossover network, individual gains, 150watts x 6, will keep footprint as small as possible for the design, similar appearance to the current models.  Feeling out interest as it will effect the total amps I put into production.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a side note, I am considering a 2-channel of the same line, but the demand for 2 channels right now are so low.  Would not really want to build them if they are going to sit for a while.

Just curious on any input before I get production going.

Class A/B 150 x6. Sounds like a very adequate amplifier for an 8”,4”, and tweet active setup !!!

2 channels, I know what you mean. Guess I’m the only old schooler that loves them ... Lol 

4 channels seem to be good on the market, wish I could give yours a demo. 

might as well make an 8ch instead. with 8 ch you can do a 3-way with sub or a 3-way with high power to midbass or 2 way with 2 subs or 2 way front and rear. more options

I want a 6 channel, sign me up now. The main reason im in between amps right now.

ch 1&2 = tweets or horns

ch 3&6 = mids

Will this amp have channel input mode selectors unlike the 4 channel amp?

Edited by jcarter1885

16 hours ago, onebadmonte said:

might as well make an 8ch instead. with 8 ch you can do a 3-way with sub or a 3-way with high power to midbass or 2 way with 2 subs or 2 way front and rear. more options

The market for an 8 channel is out there, but so so so small. :(

10 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

I want a 6 channel, sign me up now. The main reason im in between amps right now.

ch 1&2 = tweets or horns

ch 3&6 = mids

Will this amp have channel input mode selectors unlike the 4 channel amp?

Not planning input mode selectors.  For the most part, this will be a pure gain block.

YES! glad to hear this is moving forward. No 2 channel, I would offer a smaller monoblock and smaller 4 channel power and price wise.

31 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

YES! glad to hear this is moving forward. No 2 channel, I would offer a smaller monoblock and smaller 4 channel power and price wise.

A smaller mono is strongly being considered.

I want a different car to put one in.

38 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I want a different car to put one in.

Wifeys Volvo need audioz?

You make it and I will buy one. Need more SSA stock.

9 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Wifeys Volvo need audioz?

She has an X3...with a brand new motor lol

On 12/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, nem said:

You make it and I will buy one. Need more SSA stock.

For the gleaming new Camry? :)

On 12/7/2018 at 11:10 PM, ///M5 said:

She has an X3...with a brand new motor lol

Was it covered?

Yes, car is under certified for another 3 weeks.  BMW extended the factory warranty to 70k, ours had 67k.  Plastic crap timing guides failed.  It was running fine, but they found some in the oil pump which allowed them to replace the motor.  5k miles before the turbo was replaced.  Can't say I like the gamble of keeping it longer than 3 weeks...

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes, car is under certified for another 3 weeks.  BMW extended the factory warranty to 70k, ours had 67k.  Plastic crap timing guides failed.  It was running fine, but they found some in the oil pump which allowed them to replace the motor.  5k miles before the turbo was replaced.  Can't say I like the gamble of keeping it longer than 3 weeks...

Oh wow, that is pretty scary.  Makes me miss the days of my ole' basic straight 6 in the 528i. 

I wouldnt mind a 6 channel...

Edited by dolarbilz

Hows it looking on this 6 channel..

17 hours ago, dolarbilz said:

Hows it looking on this 6 channel..

We are still awaiting final info from the factory on pricing for certain internals.

17 hours ago, Youdoofus said:

@Aaron Clinton did you see that PPI PC chrome 6 channel that was on teh faysebewks last week? it was a darling

No, I missed it.  :( 

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

No, I missed it.  :( 

i think i saw it on ebay a bit ago. still reasonably priced, and if you contact him, and lewt him know who you are, he might hook a brotha up if ya smell what the rock is cookin

38 minutes ago, Youdoofus said:

i think i saw it on ebay a bit ago. still reasonably priced, and if you contact him, and lewt him know who you are, he might hook a brotha up if ya smell what the rock is cookin

Haha, thanks, but I need to halt my amplifier collecting.  I should unload some of the RF's and maybe other random stuff to clear out some space.

I need i need i need lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Ryann627
      I currently own a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier that I am currently building a subwoofer install in.
      My complete and current installs:
      New Kenwood KDC-BT378U radio with built-in speaker amp, All new door and deck speakers. (COMPLETE)
      Big 3 Kit, Mechman 270 AMP Alternator, (1) Sundown ZV6 12" 2-OHM 2500W Subwoofer (wired to 1 OHM), One run of 1/0 gauge wire complete with fuse and capacitor), Fiberglass Subwoofer Box(Not sure what size yet, any help on this would be greatly appreciated)
      Just wondering if all the above installs with be able to comfortably power a 3000 watt amplifier to run the subwoofer properly? I know Sundown Subwoofers are underrated, just not sure if I want to over-power by more than 500W, seems safer to me like that, unless I'm wrong? Never dealt with this much power before, max was 600 watts before this build.
      Any other install recommendations? Bigger battery because it is stock? Better springs for the added weight in the rear? Box will be fiberglass but the subwoofer alone weighs 95 pounds.
      Thanks in advance guys.
    • By Aaron Clinton
      We have finally released our new amp.  It is a tiny tiny production run to see how people like them.  Meant for the high end, SQ market, without the European price tag.  If this model moves as well as I hope, it will help spawn another model in the line up soon.
      https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ssa-dm150-2-2-channel-amplifier-150w-x-2-ch-or-500w-x-1-ch/

Introducing the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier. An old school approach, with updated components, for the most discerning of ears. If your front stage is lacking warmth and clarity, its time to upgrade. Our first amplifier in our high-end, sound quality, Class- A/B - Demon amplifier line. The SSA DM150.2 is the elite choice for that high end active front stage, premium passive components, and especially a sound quality sub (SSA Demon). We've incorporated direct inputs for those competition installs that use an external DSP and want their amp to be a pure gain block. Stellar looks to match the design and components. Don't let your speakers or your ears down, #levelup to the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier.

150 Watts RMS X 2 @ 4 Ohm 500 Watts RMS X 1 @ 4 Ohm Angled Terminals for show quality installations Full Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Tiffany Style RCA connectorsFull Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Butterworth Crossover Filters for premium level performance An extra pair of input connectors for a direct input that will bypass the crossover so the amp can act as a gain block The op amps featured are TI chips w/BB technology high performance audio grade IC's Docking Pads® to reduce vibration & extend the life the amplifier DC, Short Circuit, Thermal & Overload Protection, on board fusing Diagnostic LEDs Specifications
      OUTPUT POWER @ 14.4V input   RMS per channel at 4 Ohms 150 W x 2 CH RMS per channel at 2 Ohms 250 W x 2 CH RMS Bridged Mono at 4 Ohms 500 W x 1 CH RMS Mono at 1 Ohm N/A INPUT SENSITIVITY 200mV - 6.0V FREQUENCY RESPONSE 10Hz - 30KHz +/- 0.5dB THD LESS THAN 0.01% S/N RATIO > 103 dB CHANNEL SEPARATION > 91 dB DAMPING FACTOR @100Hz 4 ohm > 200 CROSSOVER RANGE   High Pass, 12dB/Octave 80-1.2K Hz Low Pass, 24dB/Octave 10Hz - 250Hz Subsonic N/A Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost at 45 Hz) Yes Phase Shift (0 - 180 degrees) No Fusing 3 x 40A Size (L x W x H) in 16.4 x 8.9 x 2.2
    • By Wolfram Audio
      Now available on the SSA store! 
      I do NOT check PMs on here. For any questions, email colin@wolframaudio.com
      Wolfram Audio W-3000.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 3,000 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 2,000 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 1,150 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Linked) :  6,500 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10hz~350hz (+/-1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% Low Level Input (Gain) : 8V - 200mV Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Linkable) : Yes Recommended Fuse Rating : 300 Amps 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-1500.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 1,600 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 900 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 530 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Strapped) :  3,200 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10Hz - 350Hz (+/- 1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% RCA Line Output : Yes Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost @ 45 Hz : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Linkable) : Yes Fuse Rating : 150 Amps (Linked: 300A) 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-600.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 700 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 380 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 200 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Strapped) : 1,400 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10Hz - 350Hz (+/- 1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% RCA Line Output : Yes Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter @ 24 dB Slope : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Strappable) : Yes Fuse Rating : 30A x2 4 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-125.4:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 175 Watts x 4 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 125 Watts x 4 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms (Bridged) : 330 Watts x 2 (14.4v) Frequency Response: 15hz to 35khz Low Level Input Adjustment: 0.2v to 8v Signal to noise Ratio: >90 dB Minimum Impedance: 2 Ohm Low Pass Filter: 50hz to 500hz (500hz to 5khz [x10]) High Pass Filter: 50hz to 500hz (500hz to 5khz [x10]) T.H.D. Continuous @ 4ohm : 0.05% Operating Voltage : 10v ~ 16V Fuse Rating : 40A x2

• By Aaron Clinton
      Due to the purchase of my first real TV, I am venturing into digital to digital signal.  The TV has no RCA outs, so my Dayton 2.1 plate amp couldn't directly mate up with my TV.  With some help of Neal and SDY, there was an option for a converter or amp replacement.  Due to potential latency issues with the signal conversion and possible effect on the quality of the sound, I opted for a new little amp.  So I just ordered the SMSL Q5 PRO as it has optical in, a remote, and RCA out.  https://www.parts-express.com/smsl-q5-pro-stereo-amplifier-usb-optical-coaxial-dac-with-subwoofer-output-2x40w--230-210
      This gives me the ability to still use the plate amp for just subwoofer purposes.  The SMSL will power at 20 watts a tower (which each consists of 4 Aura full range speaks), which is pretty much the same power the Dayton 2.1 plate amp was putting to them.  I will report back when it is set up and I have some listening time on it.
  • Recent YouTube Posts