Sign in to follow this  
CodyDaGoat

Suggestions/Help with New Build

Hello, just looking for some advice on my build ill be working on.

Currently have 2 Orion HCCa152 Subs. I have the 2ohm ones at 2,500w RMS each.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good amps that can run 5000 watts at 2ohms

THe biggest alt I can get is 270A and ill be buying from either Mechman or Singer.

And my second question is, how many batteries should I expect to run with this buiild, and which ones will be best?

I have a custom box built for my car. I have a 2010 forester. It'll be tuned to 28hz.

Would also like some recommendations on a mid/highs amp.

I found a couple buiilds with these subs. Both used the Taramps 8000D amp. One of the ones had two XS Power d3100s on a 240A Alt from mechman. I will be buying the 270A for my car (The biggest they got). Would that setup work here? Two HCCA15s on a Taramps HD8000 with two DS3100s and a 270 Mechman alt?

Yes it will work.  But me personally wouldnt run Brazilian amps... Two ssa mono wouls fit nice in this build..

36 minutes ago, dolarbilz said:

Yes it will work.  But me personally wouldnt run Brazilian amps... Two ssa mono wouls fit nice in this build

For the cheaper route, I was recommended https://soundqubed.com/product/q1-2200-2-amplifier/

A pair of these. Or I could go with the SSA IC2000.1 and strap two of those together?

And with the two amps, I can run the two batteries, big 3, 270A alt, 100% true OFC 0 gauge etc. and I should be good to go? Also might add sound deadening to the doors at least as well

Edited by CodyDaGoat

Thats a good choice to on amps.i think the ssa will give you little more output...but yes this will be a good start.. 

And on amps everyone will give you a opinion..there is alot of great choices out there..customer service is what it comes down too.

8 minutes ago, dolarbilz said:

Thats a good choice to on amps.i think the ssa will give you little more output...but yes this will be a good start.. 

And on amps everyone will give you a opinion..there is alot of great choices out there..customer service is what it comes down too.

And will this be enough electrical support? Someone told me the subs will smoke on 4k?

After further reseach I’m thinking I’ll be going with 4 of these batteries for almost 500ah. I will be running two sets of wire for the battery banks and amps 

Im not familar with orion subs.. More batts the better..i would get a xs charger to top them off periodically..