Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Wife's small build (2007 dodge ram quad cab)

This isn't going to be a huge build just something as a stock upgrade with a little bit of kick for the old lady. I want it as simple as I can get. Probably going with a five channel amp just for the ease of the install and eyeing the sundown 1100.5 I believe 150x4 at 2 ohms for the fronts and 800x1 for the sub channel. Probably a sealed truck box. Only doing front doors and preferably 2 12's if they fit and there's enough airspace. Any ideas what will sound decent with that power? By no means will it ever compete. Just a little bump and clarity.

Do you know what kind of air space you have to work with?  Lot's on the market in the 400 w range for subs, it's whether they'll work with your dimensions.

What were you looking to do up front?  Passive components or going active?  2 way or 3?  So many variables to be answered.  Some lately have been going the 3" full range on axis in pods on the dash with a 6.75-8 inch midbass mounted in the doors I've seen and running them active.  But there's so much personal preference and end user opinion that comes in to play on what sounds good to each individual.

That being said, if you're just looking for a factory upgrade with a "little" bump, you could probably get away with a single decent 12 for sub duty, and it just so happens that the newly released SSA Hellion is nicely rated at 950 watts and would probably run quite well off of the 800 you said that amp can provide...

Since you’re on the SSA site, don’t think you can go wrong with the SSA 2 way components, 4 channel, SSA sub and mono block.

Just Saying

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

Since you’re on the SSA site, don’t think you can go wrong with the SSA 2 way components, 4 channel, SSA sub and mono block.

Just Saying

Yea I agree. I was looking at some of these prefab boxes and I saw .71 cubes after displacement for the sub. And most want a shallow mount. Might do a single 12. And 2 way active for the front. Might just give me an excuse to try out the evil mids. As far as tuning or even setting it up I've never done active. But I've got a buddy that knows how to set it up.im just forking out the money. My new job pays great. But working swings limits my free time with the kid running around.

I would extend a combo discount if you wanted to order a number of items from the SSA Store. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I would extend a combo discount if you wanted to order a number of items from the SSA Store. 

Thanks Aaron. Was just looking at this. Not sure if displacement is before or after sub? But I think she could live with a decent pair of 10's. https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/2002-to-2013-dodge-ram-quad-and-crew-cab-truck-dual-sub-box/. Link says error after I pasted.

Edited by Travis

The volume is before subwoofer displacement as the enclosure doesn't know which sub you might pick. ;)

Possibly some of these new dcons? Would the space be enough? 

What did you end up doing?

Nothing as of yet. Got my own project going on but still looking at equipment. Gonna see what this ssa Valentine's day sale is all about

I was asking because I have the same vehicle.

I'm waiting to see these new demons arrive and if they'd be ok in that prefab box. Then I think I'll have the sub side figured out

I’m struggling with sub side. Not much power or space for me

13 hours ago, Travis said:

I'm waiting to see these new demons arrive and if they'd be ok in that prefab box. Then I think I'll have the sub side figured out

My guess is that it will be worth the wait.  The drivers they are replacing sure were.

Customs is killing me right now, taking their extra sweet time.

17 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Customs is killing me right now, taking their extra sweet time.

Lol I got patience.  After researching probably a pair of 10's

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Lol I got patience.  After researching probably a pair of 10's

That would be sweet.