madmardagain007@yahoo.in

stupid ? About batteries

Normal vehicle charging is 13.6 volts. Resting is 12.8 volts. 

8 hours ago, madmardagain007@yahoo.in said:

But if i get a 14 volt battery and my car alternator charges at 14 volts  ?

How well will it charge the 14 volt battery and while bumping down the road ?  

A 14v battery will require higher charging voltage. I believe XS recommends 16.8. So no if your alternator charges in the 14s it will not charge the battery correctly. You could also look into getting an external voltage regulator, modify your current alternator voltage regulator (if it’s possible), or upgrade your alternator.

55 minutes ago, madmardagain007@yahoo.in said:

if you don't know the answer dont reply 

No need for that

1 hour ago, madmardagain007@yahoo.in said:

Nice

Most people that go with anything larger than 13.6 charging normally adds a second alternator specifically for the amplifier battery bank. If you go this route, you may as well run a 16 volt system. good luck Sir.

Also, higher volt (14 and 16) cells, have lower amp hour ratings. Keep that in mind also. 

14 hours ago, madmardagain007@yahoo.in said:

Your second post ?!!! Wow !

IMO you should not run 14v batteries on a 12v electrical system.

I would series up a 8 volt with a 6 volt before I’d run a 14 volt battery. Just Saying 

10 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I would series up a 8 volt with a 6 volt before I’d run a 14 volt battery. Just Saying 

I don't think  i will do that  either i will just get a 12 volt ,,,,,, I just was wondering how people are using 14 volt batteries ....... when all factory OEM  alternators on cars and trucks  vo are regulated at 12 to 14 volts .   So how are people using them in there daily drivers  .      or  are they just using them for competition .... 

2nd charging system.leave one (stock)alt for oem..then add 1 or 2 maybe 3 alts if it fits for the stereo equipment

I never plan on going this crazy with my sound....    i got a pa for that  ......   but it not like it was in the 70 and 80  everything is a lot cheaper and better ,,,,,,,the 250 amp alternator was only  160 dollars  but i my have to up it this   ddm2b is going to be a monster just need a few more pieces to get   like a ss2b  amp  and some  10 inch subs  and some 6.5 mid bass for rear doors     My front doors are jbl gti 660 components  with the huge crossover you can't hide anywhere  lol ,,,,but they do sound great in a sealed enclosure and at high volumes  

nope when you start to try and get over 140 db      it all about how much money you  have to blow  just to get 3 or 6 db more  you have to double everything  ,amps, batteries , wire ,speakers i am not rich enough for that   i  have to build on a budget most one piece at a time 

I’m all about keeping things simple and sounding good !!! Keep us posted brother.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:04 PM, madmardagain007@yahoo.in said:

I don't think  i will do that  either i will just get a 12 volt ,,,,,, I just was wondering how people are using 14 volt batteries ....... when all factory OEM  alternators on cars and trucks  vo are regulated at 12 to 14 volts .   So how are people using them in there daily drivers  .      or  are they just using them for competition .... 

The burb is daily driven, with just under 300k on it. Drove it to finals, 3 times, a round trip of 32 hours each time. 4 alts. 3 for high side (charging at 17.9) and one for the rig. 24 D1600s on the high side, 2 12v bats on the low. Low runs the rig, and 4 chan amps and such. High, runs the 4 6ks and feed the d1600s. 

21503_zpsvirnrxck.thumb.jpeg.cf9f2fd3b983576f63216b405c26f96d.jpeg

“no copyright infringement is intended”

ya that some alternators    but a little old lady was doing that long time go ..... i do like the serpentine belt better than alma  gates bronco and the chain ..yuck..

elma gates.JPG

Edited by madmardagain007@yahoo.in
“no copyright infringement is intended”

That truck is apparently coming back.  The beast returns again?

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That truck is apparently coming back.  The beast returns again?

Yea I just watched an update vid on YouTube. Apparently pierce audio in Washington owns the legend.