rich00

Subwoofer reccomendation

I have an 07 ram quad cab.  Second time owning this truck.  It has hertz energy 6.5"comps in doors and hertz dieci 5.25" in rear doors.  I have a jl XD500/3 on comps and the sub channel puts out 300 at 2ohms. I will not change amps.  I will be buying that under seat box for 1 10" .65-.8ft^3 depending on which box I decide to get.  

So I want SQ.  Loud is subjective loud to me wont be loud to you all I know.  I really want to fill in the bottom octaves is ideally what I want.  So what sub for the small sealed box and 300 watts? 

Pricing the cheaper the better $125 is probably the max cause thats $200 for sub and box and im broke for car audio.

I don't know anymore what all these internet brands are. I've been in this hobby since like 1998 so I guess you could say old timer.  

Edited by rich00
pricing

Loud is objective, SQ is subjective.  

Bottom octaves or octave?  How deep is the "bottom" to you?  Small sealed & cheap do not make big lows.

Really hard to beat the value of the SSA subs, but $200 for box and sub won't get you there.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Loud is objective, SQ is subjective.  

Bottom octaves or octave?  How deep is the "bottom" to you?  Small sealed & cheap do not make big lows.

Really hard to beat the value of the SSA subs, but $200 for box and sub won't get you there.

Well the box is around $75.  So that leaves me $125 for a sub.  

I know loud and sq are subjective recent good sounding systems to me were 2 10w0 in that dodge ram atrend box with 300 on the pair.  That was plenty loud as well.  I'm just wanting 1 ten I know its not "loud".  Lower than my hertz comps.  In non sealed doors in a novice install.  I listen to 90's-00's hip hop and rap, rock, metal, and 70's rock.

$125 for a sub is the money.  Only have 6" depth it seems as well.  I won't spend a ton of money on this system.  Already had most of it as this is my old truck.  

Image Dynamics ID10.  Try and find the V3.  They had 6 mm more Xmax than the V4s do.  ID cut them back because they were outperforming the IDQ for a fraction of the price.  The V4s are still fine drivers though.

That ampere sub intrigues me greatly.  Looking at mounting depth and box size are my concerns.  Ill go find that website.

17 hours ago, rich00 said:

That ampere sub intrigues me greatly.  Looking at mounting depth and box size are my concerns.  Ill go find that website.

5.25" mounting depth, .5 sealed.

Perfect

29 minutes ago, rich00 said:

Perfect

:woot:  Good thing they are on sale too.

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

:woot:  Good thing they are on sale too.

I was also eyeing these for the same truck lol. Hmm

46 minutes ago, Travis said:

I was also eyeing these for the same truck lol. Hmm

Good choice. :)

15 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Good choice. :)

I know nothing of amperes subs. But I'm gonna hold out for a pair of the demons I think. I'm guessing they'll be worth the wait. And since I've been here this long and yet to try some ssa subs. 

6 hours ago, Travis said:

I know nothing of amperes subs. But I'm gonna hold out for a pair of the demons I think. I'm guessing they'll be worth the wait. And since I've been here this long and yet to try some ssa subs. 

That is great to hear.  :)

I heard in the sound quality groupa those SBS subs are suppose be nice 

I’m afraid that my box wouldn’t be big enough for those. Not an inch between pole cooling and back of box and box size say 1.25 I have like .65ish

Edited by rich00

13 hours ago, rich00 said:

I’m afraid that my box wouldn’t be big enough for those. Not an inch between pole cooling and back of box and box size say 1.25 I have like .65ish

For which ones?

SBS sub.  10".  Ok so I may be selling my other truck that has a JL cp108 box in it already.  If I do then I'm gonna switch it over to this truck if it fits.  If it doesn't fit ill sell it.

So no selling other truck.  So I'm still looking.  Selling some crap on ebay atm.  I guess I'm just waiting on the right sub to slap me in face apparently.  

Fly me out and I'll bring some subs and slap the shit out ya!  :drink40:

Ok so I found a couple cheap subs!! wolfram audio aluminum 10" and FU audio 300 10" both like $69.  Can't find box specs for wolfram.  FU says .7 so that would work.  

Any thoughts on these?

I'd buy the Image Dynamics over every sub mentioned here.

Well good news for me and my pocketbook anyway.  The JL cp108lg that I own that was in my dad's truck is no longer in my dad's truck.  He sold it so I got my little JL 8".  :D 

It fits under my passenger seat if I remove the jack tools and put them under the back seat. This is ideal for me guys.  I love how this little guy performs and sounds.  So unless something changes and the fiancée complains about it under her seat I'm in.  That way I don't have to buy new equipment.  Thanks for the ideas.  

Happy bumping!

Seems like an idea solution.

57 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Seems like an idea solution.

To be honest it is.  Fits right under the seat.  If my step son kicks it wont matter.  Still have all my storage under the back seats.  It is plenty of bass for me.  I know it wouldn't be for most of you guys though.  Plus one added bonus is the sub will be right under my fiancée's butt!! 

So you’re installing a sub under the front seats of a Quad Cab truck ??? Why ???