Sign in to follow this  
Impious

Let's Talk TVs

So I'm rocking a 46" Panasonic Plasma 720P that I bought from Circuit City in probably 2007'ish.  Its basically the flip phone of TVs.

Finally looking to upgrade.  55", TV (digital over the air) and movies (streaming HD, bluray) only.  No gaming.  Price point under $500.  

From everything I can find, something like the TCL S515 seems to be the best bang for the buck.  Any cheaper but equivalent options, or better options at the same price point?

So I bought a Visio e series. Good looking tv. The tcl is great tv as well. Go check out rtings.com. Great tv review website. 

3 hours ago, rich00 said:

So I bought a Visio e series. Good looking tv. The tcl is great tv as well. Go check out rtings.com. Great tv review website. 

The Vizio E series was right there too.  I've been looking on rtings.com a lot and they rated the Vizio E series a "better" TV than the TCL S515 overall, but the S515 was slightly better in the TV and Movie categories specifically,  none of the others categories (gaming, PC, etc) matter to me in the least.  And the TCL is like $40 cheaper.

Yeah I bought the 65” Vizio at Best Buy. I wanted the tcl 6 series instead of 5. So I just bought the vizio. It’s a good looking tv the FALD is a bit strange on it. Only while playing video games. On amazon prime with 4K movies it looks amazing. 

Got a deal at Walmart on a pair of 55” TVs. Thought they would suck but hey, they were cheap. That was 2 years ago with out a minute of problems. One in the living room is connected to the ole “Lifestyle” Bose system and performance is great. 

Good luck with your search brother.

Edited by Randal Johnson