Sign in to follow this  
snb778

Its been a few years, someone catch me up!

Hello everyone,

Its been several years since I was in the car audio scene.  I am interested in getting my sub up an running again in a cost effective way.

Last I was involved, team PSI was doing a lot of customizing subs, many many people were running Sundowns, and Audioque, DD, and FI.  

I had an 18" Treo Engineering SSX which was rebuilt be PSI as a dual flatwound alum VC.  I was running an Autotek MM3000.1 at .5 ohms tuned to 33Hz.  Daily I was doing about 148+ db.  I saved this sub for the last 5-6 years because I loved it so much and swore to myself I would use it again some day.  Team DOA was killin it in the Chicagoland competitions, especially Mike and his Barney van!

What are the common subs/ brands that people are running today? Any amp I can look for- for around $500 to power this thing (used of course).

Thanks

Welcome. 

Best thing I can suggest would be to browse the SSA store.

3 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Welcome. 

Best thing I can suggest would be to browse the SSA store.

What are people running these days? Are the same brands I mentioned still the most common?

I will browse the store, but I just don't want to waste time looking at crap.

Edited by snb778

Things haven't changed much except prices have come down on amps it seems to me.  SSA store has good deals in my eyes.  3k is a lot of power as you know make sure electrical will keep up.  

1 minute ago, snb778 said:

What are people running these days? Are the same brands I mentioned still the most common?

Seems to me that those are still good stuff. Newer stuff has shown up.  SSA subs, brahma is back, looks like a lot of beast mode subs to me.  

Audi Legion, Banda, Orion, Synergy, VFL, Wolfram... Only one of these i've heard of is Orion, and at the end of my last CA run, Orion was starting to get cheaper and more mainstream.  Any brand I should stay away from?  There wasn't much in the shop..

and OMG I can't believe Brahma is back.. .They exited shortly after I started a decade ago

Edited by snb778

Go to youtube and look up 3k amp dyno comparision.  That orion HCCA killed it.  I'm not a big power guy sorry bro.  I have been watching bigdwiz at Williston audio labs or old school car stereo a bunch and his amp dynos.