Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
snb778

I need some advice and recommendations.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

Hey guys,

I was originally going to run my Treo Engineering SSX 18", but decided I don't want to go through upgrading the alternator.

Where is the most you recommend running off the stock ALT with an upgraded battery? Can I get away with 2KW?

I'm looking to run 2x15's now, something around 750RMS. I'm not to familiar with this power range, what do you guys recommend? Something around $150 each preferably

Needs to fit in a 2010 Maxima
 
Edited by snb778

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I know American bass, sound qued, sbs.  Those are in the ssa store.  Personally I’ve used American bass and they are quality for the most part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m running 2k to a pair of 15”s on a stock 130 amp alternator with 2 AGM battery’s. Plus two other amps for mids and highs. Stock alternator handles it fine and did well with just one battery. You should be golden with 2k as long as you get a stout battery.

If you like to listen at full tilt for long periods you may need to upgrade or add a second battery. But I would suggest just starting with a good AGM under the hood and going from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rich00 said:

Well I know American bass, sound qued, sbs.  Those are in the ssa store.  Personally I’ve used American bass and they are quality for the most part. 

speaking of sound qued...Is Audioque no longer around? I didnt see a website for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I’m running 2k to a pair of 15”s on a stock 130 amp alternator with 2 AGM battery’s. Plus two other amps for mids and highs. Stock alternator handles it fine and did well with just one battery. You should be golden with 2k as long as you get a stout battery.

If you like to listen at full tilt for long periods you may need to upgrade or add a second battery. But I would suggest just starting with a good AGM under the hood and going from there.

What kind of 15's are you running? I've never dealt with the 750-1000rms range for subs, not sure what I can get for around $150 each that is decent.    

 

I'll only have 1 battery, last I heard the Dekka Intimidators were the way to go.  I wont run an interior amp, my sound stage is pretty solid with the stock, which leads me to the next question, i'll have to run off the stock head unit which means i'll need a converter to get the sub amp a signal, should that be "ok"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I’m running the SSA icons.  I’m an SSA snob so I would go for the Gcon’s although there are probably a little over your price budget.  Otherwise the demons are pretty sweet  if you’re not dead set on 2k.Just ordered a pair myself yesterday!  Otherwise go check out the subs in as a SSA store as there are a few that meet your criteria.

 As far as battery I just run an AGM from O’Reillys auto parts. I ran XS  and Optima  batteries in the past.  Nothing really special about a high dollar one if you can get away with the one at the part store. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snb778 said:

speaking of sound qued...Is Audioque no longer around? I didnt see a website for them?

I believe just a name change. Maybe ownership change as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

 I’m running the SSA icons.  I’m an SSA snob so I would go for the Gcon’s although there are probably a little over your price budget.  Otherwise the demons are pretty sweet  if you’re not dead set on 2k.Just ordered a pair myself yesterday!  Otherwise go check out the subs in as a SSA store as there are a few that meet your criteria.

 As far as battery I just run an AGM from O’Reillys auto parts. I ran XS  and Optima  batteries in the past.  Nothing really special about a high dollar one if you can get away with the one at the part store. ;)

Those Icons are rated for around 1500rms each arent they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rich00 said:

I believe just a name change. Maybe ownership change as well.

found em, they changed to "sound cubed"...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, snb778 said:

Those Icons are rated for around 1500rms each arent they?

 The ones I have are rated at 1250. Would easily handle more. 

 A lot of that depends on the enclosure size and design.  If you have room for a large enclosure you can make it really efficient and use lower power. If you have a small enclosure you can easily run more power. You will still come up relatively to the same SPL. One just requires less power and smaller amp. Which is good if you are Ballin on a budget.

 Hoffmans iron law.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

know someone who does box designs here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, j-roadtatts said:

 I’m running the SSA icons.  I’m an SSA snob so I would go for the Gcon’s although there are probably a little over your price budget.  Otherwise the demons are pretty sweet  if you’re not dead set on 2k.Just ordered a pair myself yesterday!  Otherwise go check out the subs in as a SSA store as there are a few that meet your criteria.

 As far as battery I just run an AGM from O’Reillys auto parts. I ran XS  and Optima  batteries in the past.  Nothing really special about a high dollar one if you can get away with the one at the part store. ;)

:woot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, snb778 said:

know someone who does box designs here?

There are a few talented guys on here.  If they can't, we do offer a design service on the SSA Store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×