Golow

Jl Fix 86 sound issues

Hey everyone first time posting so hopefully not doing it wrong. My question is has anyone had issues using jl fix 86. I have 17 Silverado with factory Bose. Only thing factory I’m using is the head unit the issue I have is my mids have always been kinda flat I’m pretty certain it’s a calibration issue it always says it’s calibrated and all lights green  but I literally returned speakers thinking something was wrong with them then discovered re calibrating the fix will make it sound different sometimes but always shows it calibrated. I’m thinking maybe different vehicles may require extra steps to acomplish proper calibration. I did get it a little better by turning gains down before calibration but still lacks mix bass. I’m no professional but pretty sure it’s what’s going on. I’m running Focal 6.5 KRX’s in front with jl 300/4 crossover at 80.  Two jl 10TW3’s with xd600/1 for each sub and crossover at 80. Doors have been sealed good   I have also noticed sometimes the interior chime like for seat belts isn’t always the same one time it sounds more normal another time will not even hear it just depends on how it calibrated. Thanks for any help 

Make sure you're in-phase.  Also, call JL!  Their tech department is GREAT!

Thanks I have checked that tried switching just to see if would help  it’s weird mostly what I read says they work good I just know newer cars getting more difficult to add stereo without huge complications 

I hear that. JL makes great stuff though, so I'm sure if you call them, they will take care of you.

Thanks I have checked that tried switching just to see if would help  it’s weird mostly what I read says they work good I just know newer cars getting more difficult to add stereo without huge complications 

Maybe it’s fine but I’m being to picky  definitely better than early days of using