Poseidon_the_Civic

Help with weak Powered Subwoofer and LC2i

I bought a 10" powered under seat subwoofer from the sound storm https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CY13W2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and used an LC2i to convert the speaker signal from the rear left speaker to RCA outputs. I do not have a subwoofer stock as i have the lower trim level which doesnt incude a factory sub. I finished the setup and can barely notice the subwoofer working. The sub turns on and does work, but is extremely weak/quiet, not even as powerful as the stock rear speakers. I have tried almost everything to try and get it to work and get more bass but nothing seems to work. If someone can give me some feedback or advice that would be awesome. Thanks!

Please don't take offense to this, but you've wasted your money.  That thing is garbage, but if you want to continue with it, get rid of the converted.  It's not needed.  The amplifier has speaker-level inputs and you can simply run your speaker wires into those inputs negating the need for the LOC.    Keep in mind your factory stereo likely has some type of attenuation circuit to cut bass frequencies as volume increases.  This signal will follow the chain into the amp on the sub.  You may be able to combat it with bass boost, but I fear it will simply damage the unit.  It has a 25 amp fuse, so likely a 200 watt amp at best, and the enclosure volume is so tiny, I guarantee you're not getting any response from that below 50Hz.   If you want some solid bass, you're going to have to step up to a real enclosure, amp, and driver.   You may even be able to find a decent amplified enclosure for about $75 more.  Ditch that thing ASAP!

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Please don't take offense to this, but you've wasted your money.  That thing is garbage, but if you want to continue with it, get rid of the converted.  It's not needed.  The amplifier has speaker-level inputs and you can simply run your speaker wires into those inputs negating the need for the LOC.    Keep in mind your factory stereo likely has some type of attenuation circuit to cut bass frequencies as volume increases.  This signal will follow the chain into the amp on the sub.  You may be able to combat it with bass boost, but I fear it will simply damage the unit.  It has a 25 amp fuse, so likely a 200 watt amp at best, and the enclosure volume is so tiny, I guarantee you're not getting any response from that below 50Hz.   If you want some solid bass, you're going to have to step up to a real enclosure, amp, and driver.   You may even be able to find a decent amplified enclosure for about $75 more.  Ditch that thing ASAP!

Thank you so much for your time. I went out to walmart and bought their cheapest sub possible, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dual-Electronics-TBX10A-10-inch-Shallow-High-Performance-Powered-Enclosed-Subwoofer-with-Built-In-Amplifier-300-Watts-of-Peak-Power/54596677 replaced the soundstorm with it and the sub worked great. So this eliminates me incorrectly wiring the LC2i or messing up somewhere, as this proves it was the soundstorm subs problem. I purchased it off of amazon and luckily am able to return it. I have a civic and don't want to sacrifice any trunk space so that is why i am purchasing small ones to fit under the seat. I purchased this off of amazon today https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Z3R582/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hopefully it will be better than the one from walmart and if not, ill go ahead and sacrifice some trunk space to get the bass i want. Also, i specifically installed the LC2i to adjust for the bass roll-off in higher volume. Thank you again so much for your input!

Edited by Poseidon_the_Civic