audiohz

Rockford fosgate power series amp punch Eq use?

So how many people with the power amps or even punch amps use the punch eq ? I see Rockford and even JL audio kinda push this rebranding of bass boost but do people use it? Setting one up this Sunday for my lil brother he said the guy he's getting the power t1500bdcp tomorrow from has the remote that controls the bass boost and used it all the time and said the subs sounded amazing so is it really that bad?

Is it a remote bass boost where it boosts at one set frequency on that model, or is it a remote gain block?  There's a solid difference between the two.  

Setting the gain on the amp with a remote gain block hooked up can allow you to remotely attenuate just the sub amp from the front, which is particularily helpful if you don't have a source unit with that function built in (ie using the rear out for your sub amp, or tapping the rear channels for a high level input).

With a remote bass boost you're boosting centered on one set frequency (most amps with bass boost are preset at 50 hz)  this is garbage and shouldn't be employed.  If you are looking to use an equalizer style function realistically you mainly want to use it to smooth out peaks in your response and minimally boost only if neccessary.

It is indeed a bass boost.  RF's is a parametric EQ centered at 45Hz.  Bandwidth is quite wide at low boost, so I can see some usefulness there, but it narrows severely near the peak.  I would never use it, but other people like that stuff.  It's up to the end user.