yayo86

Looking for new front stage drivers.

And then earsex IF you put in the time.

3 hours ago, yayo86 said:

I purchased some used SSA Evil mids,tweeters and ampere audio 3” mid range last week. Im gonna be adding the tweeters and mid range to the A pillars and mid bass to the doors instead of kick panels. 

The alpines im gonna install in my 4runner or in my pops tacoma.

the dayton audio dsp looks interesting probably well purchased in few weeks.

Don't bother with the midrange driver.  The SSA mids have an OUTSTANDING midrange response!  They are the IDEAL in-car driver for a 2 way.  I've only heard a better mid on one driver and it's a Revelator; a driver that costs over three times that of the Evil mids and needs a LOT of work to adapt nicely in the automotive environment.  Seriously.  Run the Evil mids and tweets without the midrange.  you will save yourself a ton of time, effort, materials, and ear fatigue.

Use that money to go towards the SSA 4 channel Amplifier.

Ryan is right.  I referenced time but not the possibility of things being non optimized no matter what.  I wouldn't be surprised if even after months of tuning that the 2 way is better.  In particular if you aren't willing to change the aiming of the drivers as part of your tuning .

Might go the 2 way route because the 3” mids dont look right on the skinny pillars 

And you may need to cantilever them way out to get them to sound right.  3 way active is an exercise in lots of hours of setup if you haven't done it before.  2 way is even hard.  You NEED a DSP of some sort.  An amp with dials does not work

I have 4 Evil 6.5's, would running 2 per door and just tweeters up on the A pillars be bad? I do look forward on purchasing the Dayton DSP. The thing that sucks is that I already have a 4ch & mono block twisted sounds amplifiers and they went out business so I won't be able to get a other 4ch if I do a pair of 6.5 per door. I don't really look forward on changing amps unless I have to, I don't like the look of mismatched amps. On my sisters challenger i did a 3 way active sounded good but gonna have to get a better DSP for it "Bitone thumbs down". 

Guest moosix

Yes the drivers are few months old with not that many hours on them since my truck is my project weekend vehicle. I am running them active the mids on ch3,4 and tweeters on ch1,2 but factory crossover for extra protection. I removed the tweeters last week and add my old 4” prv speakers to stock location on lower part of dash. The mids kinda seem like they dont like being sealed on the kick panels.

Edited by moosix

Was that meant to be on topic?

And btw.  NEVER stack crossovers