bigger_george

How does this look/sound?

Ok. I'm starting back into audio but thought I'd start off with a decent boom/bang. Looking mostly for SQ with a little SPL. I already own a "brand spanking new" Zed Audio Kronos, pre-ordered a Stereo Integrity BM Mk V (I'm kind of limited in space). I was thinking of adding a SSA IC 150.4 and a set of 6.5 Evil Mids(I guess 8 ohm versions) and Evil 1 Tweeters.  I am looking to do the following setup (all in a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe):

1. IC150.4 - Ch1 and 2 to Evil 1 Tweeters (maybe mounted to A-pillars or factory door location)
  2. IC150.4 - Ch3 and 4 bridged to BM Mk V (debating on how I want to set this up; either wheel well or leaned against the front of trunk)
  3. Kronos - Ch 1 and 2 to Evil 6.5s (Factory Door location)

What do y'all think? Now I will probably have to run this active off of the amps; any challenges I may have to deal with? Is this a decent setup for my taste? 

Be gentle with me. It's been years since I've been in car audio and I'm pretty out of it. I will get someone to build my sub enclosure and probably work on everything else myself to get re-acclimated with Car audio. 

That will work, but why not run the mids and highs off the IC150.4 and bridge the Kronos?

The Kronos does 1000 watts RMS bridged at 4 ohms. I think that may be a bit much on the single BM Mk V (500 watts rated and Dual 2 ohm). The IC150.4 does 550 watts bridged at 4 ohm which seems like a better match.

Also, the Evil 6.5s are 8 ohm(at least the only ones you have in stock on the spring deal are). The Kronos is rated at 250 watts x 2 at 4 ohm, so theoretically it should do 125 watts RMS at 8 ohm, with less distortion (which probably doesn't matter since it's most likely inaudible). 

Only issue would be matching gains since the power and amps are slightly different from each other. Does that make sense or am I overthinking this?

Sounds like a great plan to me. I'd run with it and see what happens.  Keep us informed. 

I might be able to offer an alternative sub, but I've not yet been able to test mine, so I can't yet comment.

I'd do as Aaron suggested too.  Don't be afraid to "underpower" the Evil mids.  They get LOUD off little power.  I speak from experience.

12 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That will work, but why not run the mids and highs off the IC150.4 and bridge the Kronos?

This is the route I would take. Just Saying.

Like posted earlier, you don’t need a nuclear reactor to power this component set. 

I'm actually not afraid to underpower the mids. I'm actually more worried about overpowering the sub. I could test both setups though and watch the gains when I test the sub on the bridged kronos.

Tell us how it goes. :)