Hello, I have a older Blaupunkt Arizona head unit and has volume issues.  All by itself left side channel goes silent.  Also, if I adjust the volume dial it doesn't respond very well, it will start to run away in the increasing direction, I have to hit the mute button to get it to stop.

I bought another new faceplate thinking that might be the problem, no effect.  Still does these annoying things.

Anything I can do myself?  Unit not worth taking in and paying more than what it is worth.  I'm an aircraft mechanic, so I can use a multi-meter and have good mechanical skills.

Thanks in advance,

Two years ago I bought an A4.  What better unit to install in a fine German auto than a Blaupunkt.  I got online and found a sweet double din Portland with Nav.  The unit arrives dead.  I get the replacement and the volume control is non-functional via remote or knob.  Get another unit in and it works, but after several months starts to develop an issue with the volume.   I think this is an issue for them and honestly, what once used to be a quality brand, is now utter shit IMO.  I'd throw it in the trash.

It's such a shame blaupunkt used to be a good brand and now they are trash   

BLAUPUNKT    :worthless:   

I agree. They were Awesome back in the early 90s. 

I had a Blau in my old Brabus CE. :)