Photoro

I need some advice about making a compact subwoofer.

Hello everyone!

I need some advice about making a compact Subwoofer.

I am planning to make portable,"on the go" subwoofer box, but I have dilemmas about the speaker size.

The enclosure will be 6x6x6 inches. I can feet 5.25 inch speaker with no problem, but I have terrible feeling that the woofer will not sound good.

So I need your opinion. Should i go with the 5.25 inch speaker, or I am going to need smaller speaker like 4 inches?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

You're going about this the wrong way.  Pick a driver and build the enclosure that it will need to perform the way you want it to perform.  The largest problem is, you aren't going to get any low end response with that small of a driver in that tiny enclosure.  It's just not happening.

Thank you for the replay!

I understand that I am compromising the sound quality, but I need the portability.

I was just thinking that perhaps smaller driver will have more room to breathe than 5.25 inch one.

I am not sure what speaker size is the better choice for the small enclosure.

You will have to model whatever driver you choose to see how it will work in your application.  Google WinISD.  IT's a free modeling program and can give you a rough idea. 

Really hard to help you when you don't share goals and limits.  A 6x6x6 inch box is not a sub woofer box....

Look on parts express they have tons of small subwoofers you can use then build the box around the sub