Sign in to follow this  
Jm1485

have a ? about my install

two weeks ago I installed a kenwood ddx6905s a pare of 6.5 and 6x9 rockford fosgate prime speakers a 12 in ssa demon in a 1.25cf sealed box after displacement powered by a fosgate prime r500x1d in my 2014 corolla the speakers sound grate but the sub does not the bass sounds muddy my 7 year old dcon in the same size box still sounds as good as the day I got it is this a eq problem with the kenwood I set my gains with my liumy lm2001

Did you do a direct swap with the Dcon to Demon? All settings the same?

No I did not but I might try pulling the dcon out of my other car and trying it out but I'm working a lot of overtime right now 

13 hours ago, Jm1485 said:

No I did not but I might try pulling the dcon out of my other car and trying it out but I'm working a lot of overtime right now 

I would do that and compare settings between the 2 systems.

Excellent subs, I would suggest the same as Neal.  Check all settings as the Demon should not be muddy at all.

could it be a bad set or rca's I am using a  walmart amp kit but I have never had a problem with them before

Also try box location and aiming in the trunk. I've had the best results with sub aimed rear and box moved a few inches from the trunk lid.