Sign in to follow this  
audiohz

Ported box size difference at same tuning.

Say we have a sub like a kicker cvr , kickers prefab package they sell is with the subs at a bare minimum on air space 1.75 cubes and tuned around 40 to 42hz . Say we take the subs put into a larger box with 2.25 cubes still with same tuning would you gain anything? 

The response will absolutely change in a different box.  Rarely is the OE offering an ideal box.  Even if they did was it for pure output or a flat frequency response, both are near opposite...

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The response will absolutely change in a different box.  Rarely is the OE offering an ideal box.  Even if they did was it for pure output or a flat frequency response, both are near opposite...

So what would be the gained response with a larger box but with the same tuning? I'm more  formiliar with a sealed box type , where a larger box will bring out more low end but from what I know about a ported box is from what I take is you will suffer below tuning . Will the larger spec box allow the sub to play lower pasted tuning vs a smaller one?

Perhaps the word "gained" is making this hard.  If you go from an SQ box to an SPL box you gain output if you go the other way you gain a nicer frequency response.  Both are opposite and "gains" depending on the person.

Every manufacturer specifies differently therefore responding with a general overall gain isn't logical.  If you want to be specific in your question then an answer makes more sense.

Win isd is pretty simple program to learn. I would suggest you play around with it and see what the effect of box size and tuning is for yourself. Let us know if you need a link to a tutorial.