snb778

Need new sub, blew my 18" treo ssx.

Need new sub, blew my 18" treo ssx.  Anyone do recones for a decent price?

Anyone selling an 18 that does 2500-3k? Budget is $300-400

Im open to other options as well.  Im workin with about 4cu ft net ported, 5 sealed.  Figured the 18 is the best way to go, but if 2x 15's sealed would fit, cool.  

Edited by snb778

With that power requirement and budget, it is going to be very difficult to find anything of quality brand new.  Can you expand your budget a little?

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

With that power requirement and budget, it is going to be very difficult to find anything of quality brand new.  Can you expand your budget a little?

no, already wayyy over budget, and then this happened.  I don't have to go with an 18", maybe a good 15", or 2x 12's.  I saw the 3200W Skar is $400 new... or I have to recone my 18, not sure who does it though... Treo wanted $500 for a recone which is ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, snb778 said:

no, already wayyy over budget, and then this happened.  I don't have to go with an 18", maybe a good 15", or 2x 12's.  I saw the 3200W Skar is $400 new... or I have to recone my 18, not sure who does it though... Treo wanted $500 for a recone which is ridiculous. 

Reconing your sub will be better than anything SKAR.

There are other people who can recone for you.  I won't mention names on here, but Google will help you.  $500 is a joke.

There are options in your price range, just nothing that will handle that power.