Greasemunkey

Fi Ssd 10 inch sub in 2 cubic foot box?

I have a sundown x10 in 2cubic foot box aero port tuned to 32 hz now. Amp is skar sk1500v2 car is 2011 Toyota Camry sub and port are rear facing towards trunk lid about 1foot away. Looking to go with fi ssd fully loaded 10 in same box for better sq and still maintain a nice punch. Would this box be to much for this speaker? I love the x 10 from 32hz to about 45 hzeverything else it seams to struggle with? Would more power be the solution or should I go with something like the fi?

is the 2cuft the gross or net after displacement. sundown recommends 1.5 cu ft for that subwoofer. I think you need to verify that the current setup is installed correctly before throwing money around. building new boxes to experiment with response would be a good idea. 

And  the x10 hits hard sounds clean maybe I’m just asking to much of 1 10 I just feel it’s alittle sloppy at some frequencies

The enclosure is nearly 50% larger than recommended.  I don't know much about the Sundown, but it will behave like any driver in a larger enclosure.  It's going to be boomy and less "controlled."  It will also be slightly more efficient at the sacrifice of the aforementioned control.

Yea it was my call to have the box built to 2 cubes instead of 1.5. If building a box to 1.5 cubes would make that big a difference in overall sq I’d be willing to try it.do you guys like the aero port. Boxes? Because I more of a mechanic than a carpenter lol so aeroport would be easier for me to build. I would also love to maybe have like a 4th order built for just this one 10 and really make it sing lol.

Aero ports are fine.  I am assuming by 4th order you are implying a bandpass enclosure.  If this is the case, skip it.  No need for it; you'll see no benefit and if you have trouble with carpentry, well, bandpass will definitely test your patience.

It is the longest running joke on the internet that a 4th order bandpass is worthwhile.  Been so confusing that now people believe it is real and not a joke.  Too bad.  Basically useless enclosure outside of when you must have a pass through.