Sign in to follow this  
FlexinHZ

Icon 15?

Hey guys, new to the forum. Curious if the Icon 15 will go back in production? I used to have an Icon 12, I had it in my shed during switching vehicles, unfortunately it ended up missing along with my whole shed during a hurricane lol I loved the sound of it. Since then Ive been running an old 2010 Fi SSD 12 I had sitting around, in a ported enclosure tuned to 32 hz. Im looking to do a little upgrade, was wondering if the 15 Icon will ever come back? Is it worth getting the Gcon 15 instead?

Funny you should ask.  I put them into production last week.

I am so sorry to hear the hurricane got your Icon :(  

The Gcon 15 is an excellent option, its made to order here in the USA and has some options.  So yes, it is worth a strong look if you don't want to wait for the Icon.

Alright thanks for your reply, Im strongly considering it then. I  guess that leads me to another question though. Since I’m torn on if I want to given up the space required for a 3-3.5 cu.ft box, I’m strongly considering just getting the 12” icon again and calling it a day without having to build another box. Does it come in D2? I already have a 2.0 cu.ft box tuned to 32 hz, and can put in the 12” Icon, plug n play. My goals are more lows/air movement/SQ not SPL. I know the 15 has more cone area, but the icon is considerably beefier at 11 more lbs than the 15 gcon. Not trying to start a vs conversation by any means, but any input on this matter would be awesome. Vehicle is an Acura RSX which is a hatchback. 

The Icon 12 does come in a D2, but I believe we are very low if not out of stock at the moment.  Yes, the Icon is beefier and has more motor force, but the Gcon 15 (even if sealed) has a strong cone advantage and will help with your goals as listed.

I personally would do a Gcon 15.  They rock.

Ended up getting a good deal on a barely used D2 Icon 12 from someone local. Appreciate the input guys. If a hurricane gets this one too, ill do a Gcon or Icon 15 next time around :neil: Probably will be building a custom ported enclosure for the 1st time, so I'm sure Ill be posting again soon for review on my box & start a build log while I'm at it.

Oh nice, hope it is still in good condition.