Guest GunRelations

Wiring 1 dvc 4 ohm and 2 svc 4 ohm

Guest GunRelations

I have one JL 10w6v3 dvc 4 ohm and two JL 10w3v3 svc 4 ohm and I'm looking for a 1 ohm load if possible. Any ideas and/or things I should consider?

Just FYI, the 10w6d4 is in its own H.O. enclosure and the 2 10w3v3 svc 4 ohm are in their own dual enclosure.

Thanks in advance

You're best off selling the W6 and getting another W3 and running them all in parallel.    The mixing of drivers will work, but it will be far from optimal, and likely induce more problems.

If you're absolutely stuck on this setup, you simply wire all the coils in parallel.  You have FOUR 4-ohm coils.  A parallel wire nets 1-ohm.

I agree with Ryan, don't mix subs. 

Guest GunRelations

On 7/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, Tirefryr said:

You're best off selling the W6 and getting another W3 and running them all in parallel.    The mixing of drivers will work, but it will be far from optimal, and likely induce more problems.

If you're absolutely stuck on this setup, you simply wire all the coils in parallel.  You have FOUR 4-ohm coils.  A parallel wire nets 1-ohm.

20 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I agree with Ryan, don't mix subs. 

Fair enough, thanks guys. Would it be safe to test them like this to see how it sounds? I don't want to damage anything.

You won't damage anything.  You'll likely get some cancellation and/or some odd harmonics, especially if they're in different enclosures.