SoundSplinter

Premium Series 18" Driver

Our newest product - the RL-p18 - joins the ranks of two of the most affordable, versatile, low-

distortion, high-excursion woofers in our Premium Series line of low-frequency transducers. Known

for their flexibility in accomodating a variety of home and car audio applications in sealed, vented,

and infinite baffle alignments, the RL-p18 steps up with its massive displacement advantage, linear

output, and absolutely stellar value.

Featuring a triple-stacked 215 ounce magnet structure, vented six-spoke cast aluminum basket, 3 inch

voicecoil, aluminum shorting ring, dual 8.5" spiders with woven leadwires to eliminate tinsel-slap while

allowing for long linear throw capability, a new tall-roll NBR rubber surround to increase effective cone

area while accomodating high excursions, and our signiture rigid black anodized spun aluminum cone,

including laser etched logo and complimentary rubber gasket and magnet boot - this is one hell of a

massive driver which retains its practicality comin' at ya for around $400!

Now, for the first looks... :hyper:

rlp18-top-slight-angle-sm.jpg

rlp18-top-sm.jpg

rlp18-top-angle-sm.jpg

rlp18-side-angle-sm.jpg

rlp18-back-angle-sm.jpg

T/S Parameters for the RL-p18 Dual 4 Ohm

(Dual 2 to be released at a later date - approximately 8 weeks)

• Qts - 0.493
  • Qes - 0.554
  • Qms - 4.500
  • Fs - 21.5 Hz
  • Re - 6.26 Ohm
  • Le - 4.341 mH
  • Vas - 276 L
  • Mms - 373g
  • Cms - 137.7 um/N
  • BL - 24.25 T*m
  • Sd - 0.1188 m^2
  • Xmax - 27.4 mm
  • Sensitivity - 89.25 dB @ 1W

Listing public at an incredibly solid $420 for a single RL-p18!

Snag two or more and pocket cash at an incredible $390 per unit!

As with our RL-p15, this big brother 18 will excel in both car and home audio applications.

Sealed alignments should range from 4 cu ft to infinity (with a Q ~ 0.5, infinite baffle for the win!).

Lending itself in strong style to the vented alignment, consider 4 - 7 cu ft net volume in the car audio

environment, with a tuning frequency near 27 - 30 Hz. For those of you in the home, try not to break

any windows when pluggin' this bad boy into a 13 cu ft net volume enclosure @ 18 Hz.

Need to feel it deeper in the gut? Think size matters? For those who seek the cleanest, lowest of lows,

where your brain won't hear it all but your bones will sure feel it.. snap up those single Hertz signals by

strappin' this bulldog into an IB and brace yourself for something fierce! :OhYeah:

Power recommendations:

• Sealed: Recommended 900 watts RMS (500 - 1200 watts RMS acceptable).
  • Vented: Recommended 800 watts RMS (400 - 1000 watts RMS acceptable).
  • Infinite Baffle / Dipole: Recommended 350 watts RMS (250 - 500 watts RMS acceptable).

Very nice Mike, been looking foward to these. I wanted to run a pair ported, but I might not have sufficent space in my trunk (its 10 cubic feet). Either way, sub looks great.

I think I know what my house next year is getting..... :slayer:

Almost forgot to mention!! :sonic:

As a special offer to all forum goers..

• :captain: Order within the next 24 hours* and pay only $[offer expired] :ohsnap:

*Orders accepted through PRIVATE MESSAGE from registered forum members only.

Special rate expires at 10:38pm Pacific time on March 8th, 2007.

WOWOWOWOW!!!

oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god

Almost forgot to mention!! :sonic:

As a special offer to all forum goers..

• :captain: Order within the next 24 hours* and pay only $299 + shipping! :ohsnap:

*Orders accepted through PRIVATE MESSAGE from registered forum members only.

Special $299 rate expires at 10:38pm Pacific time on March 8th, 2007.

You couldn't have waited like a week or two could you.... Ain't gots no moneys now...

i'm with ryan2...

i think i know what's going in home very soon!!!

and damn, the pricing is simply silly.

mike, you are my hero!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

HOLY COW that think looks so seXxXy... :D. I wonder what 4 of those ported in a F350 Van would do hehehe...

When will the specs for the dual 2ohm be available? Will they vary alot from the dual 4?

Wich one of those would have the deepest responce in a box of around 300-350litres?(aint got the space for sonosubs, or HUGE boxes) I see the rlp15 d2 goes deeper than the d4 in the same enclosure.....

* notice the redesigned logo on the cone

We've actually been using that logo design for quite some time now.. printed in copper on the RL-i's and RL-p's. The difference on the new RL-p is that our cone supplier couldn't fit the pad printing machine around the mondo huge 18" salad bowl and laser etchin' was the next best option. Here's a couple of pic's for relative comparison, you can see the printed logo is smoother overall, but the laser etching has a rustic "chiseled" quality to it that certainly lends some positive flavor! tongue2.gif

May hap' there will.. but may hap' there won't! :puzzled:shiftyeyes.gif:coolugh:

I'll tell you one thing though - You still have one hour and forty-six minutes to get in on this steal of promotion! Quite a few people are in and paid, with their brand spankin' new smexy silky huge woofers shipping out tomorrow.. don't let yourself get left in the dust! ;)grin2.gif

When I get the money to buy one, is it still possible to get it signed? :)

damn, sexy looking sub. i'm quite pleased with my RLp 15, but i wonder how an 18" in a nissan maxima would sound like...

i still like the nekked cones better. :P

Edited by carguy83

Signed cones are zbest.

signed cones are several deeeebeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez louder too!

if i can snag one, it had better be signed!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That is a nice price.