Cathycat

Advice needed

Hi guys, need help wiring up my pair of 12 kicker comp vr 4ohm dual voice coil subs to a Memphis 16-MC1000D amp, is one ohm possible? Amp has two pairs of speaker inputs

you would wire them like below. Your amp has 2 sets of input terminals but its just a 1 channel (mono) amp. So those terminals on the amp would be in parallel. I would just wire as shown below. 

Image result for subwoofer wiring diagram

Hey Lithium thanks! I guess I’m just a newb lol, what speaker inputs do I use?

Also the subs are rated at 400 w rms, the amp at 1ohm is rated at 1100w rms is this safe for the subs? 

Depends on the application and the amplifier settings.  What are your enclosure specs?  Use your ear when setting and you should be good.

can you like the exact enclosure you purchased?

Unfortunately, subwoofers don't work well in just any enclosure and these prefab enclosure tend to make a ton of compromises to deliver a product at the lowest price. If you have to go prefab I'd recommend sealed enclosures. 

On 9/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, lithium said:

can you like the exact enclosure you purchased?

Unfortunately, subwoofers don't work well in just any enclosure and these prefab enclosure tend to make a ton of compromises to deliver a product at the lowest price. If you have to go prefab I'd recommend sealed enclosures. 

100% correct. Check the manual for the subs, and see what the recommended volume/tuning is for your drivers, and choose an enclosure accordingly. Rule of thumb, at least for myself, is that correct enclosure is imperative. You shouldn't have trouble finding an enclosure with specs that re at least very close to what you need. If you are under-powering, you can get away with going a little bigger as well.