Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Ssa evil 6.5's

Been a minute but I figured I'd ask. Due to a fire at my buddy of 20+ years stereo shop I got a few things out from helping him clean up (head unit and subs) All of which for the wife's truck.  It will be using a pioneer 210ex for the head unit, not installed yet, but need to upgrade the front door speakers. My question is would the evils do alright off of the head unit alone? Or should I look at putting them on an amp. Possibly a set of tweeters also. But main focus is on front doors.

Yes, they will be fine off of head unit power.  Does that head unit have a crossover in it?  Asking as I didn't see anything on the Pioneer website.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yes, they will be fine off of head unit power.  Does that head unit have a crossover in it?  Asking as I didn't see anything on the Pioneer website.

It has a thirteen band built in but I'm not sure how well it will do. The thought crossed my mind about that after I posted. If I need to amplify them down the road I guess that wont be a problem. The whole goal is keep it as simple as I can.

22 minutes ago, Travis said:

It has a thirteen band built in but I'm not sure how well it will do. The thought crossed my mind about that after I posted. If I need to amplify them down the road I guess that wont be a problem. The whole goal is keep it as simple as I can.

13-band is the equalizer, not the crossover.  So I am asking in terms of how will you be sending just mid-bass frequencies to the Evil 65's?

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

13-band is the equalizer, not the crossover.  So I am asking in terms of how will you be sending just mid-bass frequencies to the Evil 65's?

My fault it's still early. I'm almost positive there is no crossover in the head unit. I may need to do an amp if I go this route.  I'm almost burnt out of car audio anymore. Between the time, effort, and money.. I've got a small stockpile built up for myself, but still need more. I may just have to pick up some normal 6.5's and save a big headache 

23 hours ago, Travis said:

My fault it's still early. I'm almost positive there is no crossover in the head unit. I may need to do an amp if I go this route.  I'm almost burnt out of car audio anymore. Between the time, effort, and money.. I've got a small stockpile built up for myself, but still need more. I may just have to pick up some normal 6.5's and save a big headache 

We carry plenty of co-ax and components, or if you want to go with an amp, we have plenty of affordable small 4 channels and amp kits available. :)

8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

We carry plenty of co-ax and components, or if you want to go with an amp, we have plenty of affordable small 4 channels and amp kits available. :)

Thanks Aaron. Cost I'm not so much worried about. Any recommendations on a nice component set ?

On 9/14/2019 at 1:13 AM, Travis said:

Thanks Aaron. Cost I'm not so much worried about. Any recommendations on a nice component set ?

Here are some strong options in their respective price brackets:

Massive Audio: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/aluma-6-6-5-300-watts-rms-2-ohm-component-kit-speakers-by-massive-audio/

Ampere Audio (on sale): https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ampere-audio-aa-6-5c-6-5-component-set/

Audio Legion: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/audio-legion-cmpg65-6-5-component-set.html

Incriminator Audio: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/incriminator-audio-i-series-6-5-components.html

I am very much so considering the incriminators for the front. As they have a low rms rating. They should sound fairly decent on head unit alone.

19 hours ago, Travis said:

I am very much so considering the incriminators for the front. As they have a low rms rating. They should sound fairly decent on head unit alone.

THe IA's are a great value.

Also, the Synergy Audio components are also very nice for the price: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/synergy-audio-fcs-65-component-set/ 

Thanks Aaron. With birthday and Christmas coming real quick I think I know the route I'm gonna take. 

16 hours ago, Travis said:

Thanks Aaron. With birthday and Christmas coming real quick I think I know the route I'm gonna take. 

:milkshakeak7: