SMpaintball78

Input on 6 6.5s subs to use

Long time no see guys!  I have a 2019 f250 king ranch and ready to do a system.  I bought 2 12" kicker comprt subs I was going to use in a u carseat enclosure but iv recently been leaning more twords 6 6.5" subs in a forward facing box.  I'm thinking of going with the skar evl 6.5s but cant find much info on them of other ppl who have used them.  Will they have a decent amount of output? Will have to be a sealed enclosure due to only having 1.7 cubes total to play with 

20191002_191011.jpg

Do not use anything skar.

That being said, why would you want to use the 6.5s?  Just for looks?  The 12s will kill them in cone area and efficiency.    I don't see a point unless you prefer them just for aesthetics.

Why nothing skar? And idk, want to do sowmthing different really. Anybody can shove 2 12s in a box under a seat lol 

More drivers, more cost, less output in either domain you are chasing.  It'll be different, but that doesn't make it better.  Used to be people built 4th order BP to be different, now the gullible public found different and thought better and there are a ton of terrible installs with happy uneducated owners floating around.  

If you want to you surely can, but realize that the only portion of it that has any value is the novelty which is super dubious at best.

Just thought 6 6.5s would be different and sound good.  Not trying to break world records here 

They will sound worse and cost more.  There will be plenty of acoustic deficiencies and no benefits.

How about 4 ct sounds tropo 8s?  I can get away with only having to lift my seat 1 1/2" to fit 8s. Lol 

Seen these trucks running quad 8s ported and tuned beating the block down daily ... there’s a kit you can buy to raise the rear seat to get adequate sub bass ...

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

Seen these trucks running quad 8s ported and tuned beating the block down daily ... there’s a kit you can buy to raise the rear seat to get adequate sub bass ...

And in the same volume you can do better for less money.  It's a choice of course, but not for the better.

Full disclosure, you are not going to get positive support on anything CT or SKAR here due to the history of those brands and the owners. 

That being said, yes, you can go with a flurry of smaller subs.  It will be different and have some visual appeal.  That is the sole reason why we did a quad SSA F8L's build in mark's old truck, for the looks and to highlight that sub. 

In the end, the question is really up to you; do you want unique or do you want to lean best performance for your dollar?

Ended up stopping and seeing a old buddy ( local audio shop) and he had 8 american bass xd 8s for stupid cheap.  A few new in the box and a few used the so I picked them up. Going to do 4 sealed at first and leave room in the box to add a aero port if sealed doesnt sound good. 

You will need a COMPLETELY different box for sealed or ported.  WAY different size.  I would first figure out the biggest box you can fit and then decide what to put in it.

Guy had 4 of these in a ported box very similar to what I'm needing and they sounded damn good. 

20191016_131655.jpg

4* $75 is $300 which buys you a helluva 15" driver.  Used they are obviously way less but don't get ridiculous on the box....

If I could fit a badass 15 I would but that's not gonna fit under my seat lol   I got all 8 of these for 300 

That’s not a bad deal at all there.  And since there already broke in, that should work great on a little smaller enclosure than recommend on adequate power. Should be able to run an external port on the rear of the enclosure firing towards the left rear door. Good luck Sir and keep up posted wit the results !!!

Decent subs, nice bargain find.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, Randal Johnson said:

That’s not a bad deal at all there.  And since there already broke in, that should work great on a little smaller enclosure than recommend on adequate power. Should be able to run an external port on the rear of the enclosure firing towards the left rear door. Good luck Sir and keep up posted wit the results !!!

I cant seem to find any info on sealed box for them.  Ported I think is .75 per sub. I want to do a box behind my tear seat but most it has is 1.82. I can get the box for 4 8s but with only that amount of airspace, I'm thinking I better just do 3

Under the rear seats bro. You can order a kit to raise the rear seats to accommodate airspace.