Gunk

ZCON in series 6th order?

Was just wondering if anyone has built a series 6th order for a 12" or 15" ZCON. Would be interested in any enclosure specs and experiences you could share.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, you likely won't find that answer here.  The real question is, why do you want to build such a massive enclosure when a simple vented enclosure with a low pass crossover will give you the same response?

The idea would be to hit two frequencies hard instead of just 1. I admit im new to this so im just trying to learn. 

If i went with a standard ported enclosure, im having trouble figuring what the optimal sub/port orientation would be in my trunk.

Ive seen some convincing writeups that lead me to believe that a ported box is going to have the best performance when in rear of trunk facing the rear. However, it seems like the sub should have at least 6 inches of air space between rear of trunk. So, i lose some potential air space by having the box off the rear like that. With a series 6th i could build to max dimensions of trunk and blow through rear deck. Id have to use a smaller sub, but that was the thinking anyway. 

Im open to going the standard port route, i just could use some guidance when planning the orientation and position of sub/port in box. 

Heres a pic of my trunk. Was wondering about the idea of building my box all the way to rear of trunk and have sub facing the side to fire into corner of that recess area in corner of trunk, where i drew the arrow. This could let me build a little bigger box this way... But im not sure where the port should face with that idea. 

I dont want the port facing the rear do i? It would be right up against the rear wall of trunk. 

20191114_155710.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are asking for help on a 6th order you shouldn't build one.  Only if optimal can there be any gain and it isn't enough to bother to try.  Considering your questions no matter who designs it for you I would bet money on a standard ported box yielding better results.  Start with the recommended enclosure size in the store.  They are tested and good recommendations.  See how that fits in your space.  Always a good idea to try to plan for the largest option as things can shrink once the build starts.

Ok. I hear you. No offense taken. 

Any thoughts on sub/port orientation like i mentioned above with a standard ported enclosure? 

All depends on the car and goals.  Knowing what space you have exactly and how what would fit would be the first step.

Just a heads up. Usually in a car, subs facing towards the cabin with the trunk sealed off gives the best results and also reducing rattles. You can also do subs facing towards the cabin with trunk sealed off and port through rear deck. I think the second option will be my next build when I go back to dual 12"s. 

Edited by jcarter1885