Space available (Length x Width x Height): max 20 L x 31W x 17 H

Subwoofer make and model: SSA Icon D2

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot

What type of music do you like?: Rap, Occassional Decaf

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Rap

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32?

Volume : 2.1 after displacement, maybe more?

Electrical: Kinetic HC1200 under the hood, and Kinetic HC1200 in the rear. Stock Alt. 0 gauge run front to back/grounds.  Big 3 coming soon.

Amp: Rockford T15001-bdcp

Looking to tackle building my first enclosure and would like some input on a design. Have a friend that can help out who has experience building boxes for making corners and subwoofer cutout, basically anything I cant get Home Depot to cut for me since I don't have any wood cutting tools or a truck. So getting most of it precut from Home Depot would be ideal so it can fit in the rsx. Plan on using Birch wood to save weight. I listen to 99% hip hop/rap music will 32hz be good, should I go lower? Is 29 really if I'm mostly playing decaf/rebassed music? Interested in doing a sub up, port back type of enclosure.

Alright thanks I appreciate it! Was able to look at the sketches and see all the measurements and im glad it will fit my available space, except I'm not able to see what the enclosure is tuned at. If anyone from SSA could chime in  on what their pre-designed enclosure is tuned at  for the Icon it would be greatly appreciated lol I got the Icon temporarily in a ported enclosure I got off ebay years back on a NVX 1000.1 amp for the time being. I love it so far, I just know she has a whole lot more in her once I get this enclosure built and throw the Rockford 1500 on to power her.

11 hours ago, FlexinHZ said:

Alright thanks I appreciate it! Was able to look at the sketches and see all the measurements and im glad it will fit my available space, except I'm not able to see what the enclosure is tuned at. If anyone from SSA could chime in  on what their pre-designed enclosure is tuned at  for the Icon it would be greatly appreciated lol I got the Icon temporarily in a ported enclosure I got off ebay years back on a NVX 1000.1 amp for the time being. I love it so far, I just know she has a whole lot more in her once I get this enclosure built and throw the Rockford 1500 on to power her.

It is tuned at 31hz.  Thanks for going with the Icon.  :)  

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

It is tuned at 31hz.  Thanks for going with the Icon.  :)  

Got a dumb question. Is the 31 hz tune most optimal from the recommended range? Being that I listen to mostly rap and only once in a blue moon decaf. the 31 should be at a good frequency for regular music?

Absolutely.  I've always stuck in the 30-34 Hz range for tuning with great results.  And I don't even know what decaf is.  Always just listen to good old music.

SSA won't steer you wrong.  They know their stuff.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, FlexinHZ said:

Got a dumb question. Is the 31 hz tune most optimal from the recommended range? Being that I listen to mostly rap and only once in a blue moon decaf. the 31 should be at a good frequency for regular music?

31hz is just a nice safe spot to be in for our subs on most music choices in most normal cars.  If this was for home audio, or extreme competition or a very specific need, then the frequency would be different.

Hello

nice choice : the Icon is amazing !

31 Hz will give you plenty lows.

I usually try to tune around 30-34 Hz. Not much difference. I listen to rap, and reggae (dancehall and old school).

Finally got around to making that enclosure! 
This box paired with the Rockford T1500-bdcp amp I picked up for a steal, is slamming my RSX beyond my expectations. Looks like I may have to strip everything and sound deaden my whole vehicle. Next project here I come! 

36678A09-9F24-4E3D-8B54-988346B47179.jpeg

42EEFF56-5B15-408E-982D-88727987B2F9.jpeg

:fing34: Nice enclosure man

Any install pictures I can steal?  Need help on getting deadener?

On 1/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, Notorious97200 said:

Hello

nice choice : the Icon is amazing !

31 Hz will give you plenty lows.

I usually try to tune around 30-34 Hz. Not much difference. I listen to rap, and reggae (dancehall and old school).

Beautiful box and congrats on the T1500bdcp never sell that amp! I bet the icon is LOUD on that

1 hour ago, bluedreamz said:

Beautiful box and congrats on the T1500bdcp never sell that amp! I bet the icon is LOUD on that

Yeah the Icon slaps extremely hard on the T1500bdcp. For sure never selling this amp. It has exceeded my expectations. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 12:38 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Any install pictures I can steal?  Need help on getting deadener?

Yeah I have some pictures for ya. Idk if you will want them though astectially wise. The guy I bought it from cut the surround on accident and put some type of rubber adhesive on it. That’s why I was able to get it for half the price. However it seems to not have affected performance in any way that my ear can tell atleast. I will recone it in the future sometime just because it bothers me aesthetically or if it eventually rips, whichever comes first lol I have a second skin door pack that I’ve been too lazy to install so I’ll be doing that soon. I know I’ll need some more though for the roof.  Here are some pics anyway. Don’t mind the random piece of wood, my hatch struts recently stopped working. 

Edited by FlexinHZ

Glad to see install pictures.  Sad to see the damage on the surround.