Sign in to follow this  
THATpurpleKUSH

New to this forum but not a noob

Looks like I have to make my first few posts here.....

Long time CA.com member here, been sick of that site and it's lack of moderators so I'm making the jump to over here. This site seems to be managed substantially better with a more conducive environment for learning. 

I've been into audio since the early 2000s, been designing and building boxes for the past 10yrs or so. 

My area of expertise so to speak is with subwoofer enclosures so that's where I mostly hang out. 

:WELCOME:

Edited by jcarter1885

Welcome to SSA, glad you made it over.

16 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Kind of a bummer this site has less traffic than i anticipated.

Always working to bring traffic back.

The way I see it, is quality over quantity.

And welcome to the site.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Kind of a bummer this site has less traffic than i anticipated.

Every forum has taken a hit to facebook and other social media sites. Sucks but some of us are still here.

Yes social media platforms have been much more popular with the younger generations than old school forums.

Which is unfortunate IMO.  In comparison a forum managed such as this one, all of the content is nicely sorted and organized.  Everything can be found. With social media platforms such as FB it sorts what it wants to to show, doesn't show things it chooses not too, moves things around etc... Finding specific posts and information can be difficult and frustrating.  But, opening your FB app, and having the most popular posts show up in your feed, feeds the immediate gratification that people are so addicted to. As opposed to navigating to different sites, and scrolling through forums/topics/threads/posts to find specific content.

FB has become a serious aspect of marketing for SSA.  With $0 budget, I have to be on there often getting the name out and reminding people SSA exists.

It's definitely got to be getting more difficult to be an internet brand...  Social media presence is everything in today's world.  No longer is it word of mouth so to speak with the forums.  And with there being fewer and fewer shops it's hard.  At one point the city I live in had 5 local shops doing car audio plus 3 big box corporate stores as well.  Now we have 1 corporate store with a little bit in it that it doesn't really advertise and one local shop that will order stuff in when asked.

Sadly, its become less and less about the product and more about douchebags saying look at me, all day on IG.

9 hours ago, seluzerkharix said:

In comparison a forum managed such as this one, all of the content is nicely sorted and organized.  

I'm deleting your spam links.