408jake

Audiopulse , TC Sounds , Revo 15 options

Hey all! I still have a Revo 15 NIB I’m contemplating making a home theater sub out of, but for the hassle of a box build, amp, etc, I’m considering just getting an svs powered product as I’m in a rental with roomies and can’t exactly shake the house down with a ported 1200w 15 inch build =D

i decided I’m never putting a 15 in a car ever again, I’m old now, 12w7 sealed Ive had forever will do fine haha.

Anyone have a good budget idea for this monster or know anyone in the Bay Area that builds boxes/systems so I can put it to use? Or should I just forego the fantasy and try to sell this thing? It’s a discontinued legend (budget Lms ultra), part of me wants to keep it or use it for posterity, part of me wants someone to actually enjoy the beast.......

just because it can handle that much power doesn't mean you need to feed it that much...

that being said, shake the buildings foundations...  hahaha

if you have the ability to build an enclosure, doing a large low tuned 4th order vented would be awesome for home theater duty.  something to really feel the low lows.  Don't know anyone in the bay area, so can't help there.

7 hours ago, nigel said:

just because it can handle that much power doesn't mean you need to feed it that much...

that being said, shake the buildings foundations...  hahaha

if you have the ability to build an enclosure, doing a large low tuned 4th order vented would be awesome for home theater duty.  something to really feel the low lows.  Don't know anyone in the bay area, so can't help there.

So you’re saying I should only put 500 to it?!!! Blasphemy =P

i think building a proper vented box for something this heavy that moves this much air is out of my wheelhouse. Maybe I could build a big azzz sealed and get a modest amp.

Thanks for the reply!