Sign in to follow this  
Notoldjustfeellikeit

amp for Icon 12

Ive been in audio for longer than I care to admit.  I recently decide to upgrade starting with a ssa Icon 12 d2.  I currently have an older hifonics bx1500 running it but I dont like that amp much.  its sloppy and doesnt put out much power.  I used to run rockfords and lower powered subs, back in the day when a 700watt amp was big power.  Anyway I am looking for recommendations on a good amp to pair with this sub, but of course wont break the bank in the process.  1500w to 2000w is what Im thinking for power.  This sub is replacing a 12" infinity perfect if that tells you how long its been since I seriously researched my purchases.    the dyno tests are nice but they tell you nothing about the quality of the amp, and its ability to control a sub properly.  Thanks

I have an SSA IC2200.1 I'll sell you for 375 shipped. Was only installed for a day to run a ZCON 15. Electrical wasn't up to snuff so I pulled it thinking the amp was the problem, but it wasn't. Bought a Rockford T2500 and had the same issues. Upgraded electrical after that and tried the SSA again and it's fine. Not a scratch on it. You can see where it was mounted if you look, but that's it. Can post some pics if interested.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, Notoldjustfeellikeit said:

Ive been in audio for longer than I care to admit.  I recently decide to upgrade starting with a ssa Icon 12 d2.  I currently have an older hifonics bx1500 running it but I dont like that amp much.  its sloppy and doesnt put out much power.  I used to run rockfords and lower powered subs, back in the day when a 700watt amp was big power.  Anyway I am looking for recommendations on a good amp to pair with this sub, but of course wont break the bank in the process.  1500w to 2000w is what Im thinking for power.  This sub is replacing a 12" infinity perfect if that tells you how long its been since I seriously researched my purchases.    the dyno tests are nice but they tell you nothing about the quality of the amp, and its ability to control a sub properly.  Thanks

We have a great selection on the SSA Store.  If you don't snatch up the IC2200 above, I can help out on amp choice.

Thanks for the offer, I have decided to switch gears, I have decided to install a system in my ram truck rather than my old beater work car.  I will have to see how I like the icon in a sealed box in truck rather than my car before I decide on an amp.  I may or may not switch to different subs

17 hours ago, Notoldjustfeellikeit said:

Thanks for the offer, I have decided to switch gears, I have decided to install a system in my ram truck rather than my old beater work car.  I will have to see how I like the icon in a sealed box in truck rather than my car before I decide on an amp.  I may or may not switch to different subs

Ok, sounds good.  Keep us updated and make some photos.