crsracing

Hi , help picking sub for sealed box please

Hello all I have been a lurker around a few forums for a long time and not new to car audio, but i recently got a new car (2001 audi a4) and want to take it to the next level. So I have been doing alot of searching and reading (hours a day) and posting a few places but i find myself reading posts here often so i thought i should just ask and get your opinions.

Enclosure      My car has a large trunk but i often use all of it for work, road trips etc.. So I want to build and install fiberglass boxes in the pocket behind the wheel wells I have measured rougly  and one side limits me to about .65 so my first thought was a pair of 10's one on each side. Recently though I have been thinking about a single 12 with the side that has more room I could get at least .8 if not a full cube.  

Power     I have already purchased an alpine mrp-m2000  the car will be wired with knukoncepts ofc 1/0 I will do the big 3 and i plan on the biggest agm i can fit upfront i may tuck a small agm some where in the trunk to if it turns out to be needed. stock alternator is a 120 from my research there is a bolt on oem 140  but i would probably go straight to swapping a water cooled 190 from a vw touareg if I needed to mess with it.

goals / benchmark    being sealed i am obviously  not trying to set records or do anything crazy but i want to build  the best system i can with my given constants. I like my bass to hit hard and sound clean  / accurate  I like to really feel it.  I basically want to get as loud as I can sealed with it still sounding good I don't want to be loud just to be loud. in the past I have preferred 10's but I think some of that was lack of proper set ups  I had a 10 l7 in a factory kicker slot ported box on an alpine m850 in my jeep and I was pretty happy with it for what it was. I tried a 12" l7 in a slot ported box and went back to the 10 but the 12 ended up in my sti on a jbl 1200.1 at 1 ohm and I thought it sounded ok but not great. my truck has  2 10" alpine type s in a sealed under seat box  powered by a mrx m110  and for the money i'm into it (about 300$ for everything) i'm content with it .  my favorite set up is the one i did last which is 2 10w6v2's in 1 cube each gross on a jl audio 1200.1hd forward firing (her choice) in the back of my gf's bmw. I love the way it sounds but want more.

Music    I listen to mostly rock and rap / hip hop with a little dubstep occasionally cause i like the bass lol

Budget    less is better but i will save up or by used to get what i need to do it right the first time

previous research    this has led me to consider the following subs fi xv3 or ssd   for dual 10's  a q for a single 12. I'm not gonna lie I really like the look of the fi's but i know that shouldn't matter but i'm a sucker for carbon fiber and color matching things. ssa gcons for dual 10 or a icon for a single 12 but that would be a lot of amp on it. one issue I ran into when searching is I find a lot of great reviews or comments but they are so old that a new version (or multiple) of that sub has been released. if any one has links or suggested reading feel free i will absolutely read it. 

the rest of my system    I will be running hertz hi energy components in a 3 way active set up with mid basses in the rear doors and everything tuned on a dayton dsp. The rest of the amps will also be alpine mrp either a f300 bridged to the mid bass and a f600 to the mids and tweets if I can find one or 3 f300's bridged 

thanks in advance for any help, chris 

Welcome to SSA.  With your goals, and power, my biased vote goes to the SSA Gcon 10's.

funky pups for the win!

Seriously though, can't go wrong with the pair of SSA Gcon 10's that you listed.  In a small(er) sealed set up, going with the two 10's will give you more cone area than a single 12,  and allow you to better use the power available from that amp.  And just from a look at them spec wise, they should excel in sealed enclosures.

Welcome to SSA.

Well everyone (including fi) said go 2 10's for output so its between the gcon and ssd. I got the specs from them for a ssd with the high qts soft suspension and high xmax options they didnt say how the new qts affected the qes/qms so I just plugged the new specs into there chart.
Ssd
Coils DUAL 1 | DUAL 2
FS Fs: 31 Hz | 31Hz
RE 0.75| 1.5
QMS 5.13 | 5.13
QES 0.36 | 0.36
QTS 0.48 | 0.34
MMS 279g | 285g
CMS 0. | 0.
SD 310cm^2 | 310cm^2
VAS 15.1 l | 15.1 l
SPL 83.1dB | 83.1dB
BL 17.11 N/A | 24.3 N/A
XMAX 30+mm (One Way)
RMS 1500W

Gcon
D4 / D2
Fs. 32.5 / 31.7 hz
Re 8.0 / 4.0 ohms
Qms 4.22
Qes 0.45 / 0.43
Qts 0.44 / 0.41
Cms 0.15 mm/N
Mms 212.6 / 210.5 gr
Bl 16.3 N/A
SPL 86.1 / 86.8 dB
VAS 14.1 L
SD 320cm^2
Xmax 23mm
RMS 950 watts
Only down side I see is that i wont be able feed the ssd it's full rms off the m2000 if the birth sheet is to be believed but i have seen them clamp tested at over 2500. So the ssd looks slightly better for sealed with the updated specs but will I have the power to use it to it's full potential/surpass the gcon ? 

Flip a coin.... Lol

I would run gcon I rather have more power on tap , then to starve a sub.especialy going sealed..little more power better..

I've owned gcon loved them,

I've owned alot fi stuff.loved them

If me I would go gcon.