So I’m getting pretty sick of free handing all my boxes, jigsawing and using screws, my question is what size table saw does a guy need to do basic boxes; like max 24” cuts. Also, what kind of nailer and gauge nails do I use to replace screws? bonus tip* routers? Which one is a good buy to do cutouts and round overs? Thanks ALOT! ;) 

E0E1A7B7-7E23-4D2D-B974-B0A3150AD797.jpeg

The thing with table saws, unless you get on with a big table or build a big table, it is quite unwieldy to get a sheet of wood onto one to cut.  I find having a flat surface (ie garage floor) to place some 2x4's on then placing the sheet of wood on those and using a circular saw with a fence guide much easier than lifting huge sheets onto a table saw.

With routers, any quality reputable brand will do really.  And get a circle jig to attach it to for making perfect circles.

Remember it's the glue that holds the box together. Use of good wood glue is key, and having proper coverage.  I just use an 18 gauge Brad nailer to quickly tag the sides in place along with using clamps until the glue has dried.

WERD!  S good straight edge and a circular saw with a good blade has served me well for 30 years.  I had a $1500 table saw for years, but it actually took longer just to get everything set up. 

Thanks guys, does harbor freight have a straight edge and clamps I can buy? I have a yard stick but I don’t think that’s what you mean haha - 

Harbor freight has clamps but make sure not to overclamp as they can't handle it from my experience. 

Love that sub!!

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Love that sub!!

Me too.