BTF

Sub decision, please help!

I've posted elsewhere but am hoping for more input.  I'm changing/adding subs on a budget and I have it narrowed down to a few, but would like people's opinions on them.  Car is a 2013 Elantra sedan, factory HU, using a basic LOC for signal.  Will run 1/0 power wire.  Amp will be a Taramps, model dependent on sub(s).  I'll be building an mdf enclosure, probably ported.  I listen to a mix of rap/dubstep/alt rock.  Just a daily SQ system.  

Based on my budget and space limitations, I can do 2-12s using a pair of Ampere 2.5RVE or D.C. Level 2, or I can do a single 12 using either a Skar VXF, FI XV3, SSA Gcon or SSA Icon.

What I'm really after is, are there any significant qualities of the subs previously mentioned that I should know about to disqualify one or consider one over the others?

Which would you choose???

Pull the Skar out of there and honestly, all of the other options are a good choice.  I personally would go with a sealed Gcon and a Smart 3 running 4 ohms.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Pull the Skar out of there and honestly, all of the other options are a good choice.  I personally would go with a sealed Gcon and a Smart 3 running 4 ohms.

The Gcon will take 2k rms?

9 hours ago, BTF said:

The Gcon will take 2k rms?

No. But then, none of your listed choices will.  The choice that comes closest would be the pair of ampere 2.5rve 12's rated at 800 watts EA

The gcon is rated for 950 watts.

5 hours ago, nigel said:

No. But then, none of your listed choices will.  The choice that comes closest would be the pair of ampere 2.5rve 12's rated at 800 watts EA

The gcon is rated for 950 watts.

Thanks Nigel!  I asked because the Smart 3 puts out 2k at 4ohms, and tirefryr suggested one Gcon.

The Gcon can be optioned up with more suspension, larger leads, triple joint reinforcement, and a flatwound coil.  All adds up to more power handling than the Icon.