95Honda

Decent HT subwoofers...

I've been messing around lately with some 15" Drivers David Moore at PSI has been custom building for me to use for a few of the HT designs I have been implementing.  I was using a lot of the Parts Express drivers for a while, the Ultimax and Reference series for custom installs, but the prices were going up and my wholesale discount kept seeming to get smaller and smaller. Anyway, David's drivers work well, sound good and measure decent in 3.5 ft3 boxes.  Here are some pics of the last few, I have been getting the ones you can see coated with Line-X and the hidden ones just plain MDF. I have been using between 750 and 1000 watts per driver...

Resized_temp00_138071498323857.jpeg

Resized_temp00_138112772524020.jpeg

20200509_085342.jpg

20200509_085452.jpg

Measurements are near field and the TS run was done above with the woofer in box to look at resonance and impedance. I used a Dayton Omnimic, DATS, O-Scope and a home made amplifier driven by an HP laptop to make all the measurements

20200509_092227.jpg

20200509_092404.jpg

Interesting to see since all I ever seem to read is negativity about him.

Not sure why... I have having him build subs for me for almost 20 years... I think about 20 in the last year or so at least... What I like about David's subs is he is always customizing to the T/S I want without issue... I haven't had any issues.

Similar to what I used to get with Ascendent and RE and Adire

That's good to hear.