Since there is no "pre-designed enclosures" tab for the GCON, and "enclosure recommendations" says 2.0-2.5 ft3, I'm wondering if I could use the plan for the ICON (12" optimal ported, 2.5 ft3 @ 30 Hz)?  @Aaron Clinton?

You sure can. 

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

You sure can. 

Thank you!  I've been playing around with WinISD and SubBox for the last couple of days, and I think I've got things squared away!  

On 5/10/2020 at 5:11 PM, BTF said:

Thank you!  I've been playing around with WinISD and SubBox for the last couple of days, and I think I've got things squared away!  

Ryan beat me to it.  But yes, there is a bit of overlap when it comes to box design between the two subs.  Depending on goals and power, I can help steer you a little if you would like.

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Ryan beat me to it.  But yes, there is a bit of overlap when it comes to box design between the two subs.  Depending on goals and power, I can help steer you a little if you would like.

Thank you sir!  I placed an order for a 12" GCON, powering it with a 1500W amp @ 1ohm.  Box is going in the trunk of a Hyundai Elantra.  The box I came up with is a slot port with 2.5 ft3 net internal, port area of 43.75 in2 and port displacement of 1.17 ft3, tuned to 31 Hz.  Sub back, port back.  Any advice is welcome!

8 hours ago, BTF said:

Thank you sir!  I placed an order for a 12" GCON, powering it with a 1500W amp @ 1ohm.  Box is going in the trunk of a Hyundai Elantra.  The box I came up with is a slot port with 2.5 ft3 net internal, port area of 43.75 in2 and port displacement of 1.17 ft3, tuned to 31 Hz.  Sub back, port back.  Any advice is welcome!

Heck yeah. The Port Area is a little above what I usually suggest, as you are at 17.5 square inches of port per cube, and the Gcon tends to be in the 15-15.25 per cube.  

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Heck yeah. The Port Area is a little above what I usually suggest, as you are at 17.5 square inches of port per cube, and the Gcon tends to be in the 15-15.25 per cube.  

Thanks Aaron!  I used a port calculator and that was the area it spit out for box size and max power.  I'll bring it down a bit.

Also, from what I've read the Gcon will handle 1500w dynamically without issue.  Would you agree with that?  Or should I use a lower-powered amp?

Okay, so this is what I've come up with.  Screenshots of WinISD graphs included.  Please let me know if anyone sees something that doesn't look right.  Thanks!

IMG_5164.PNG

IMG_5156.JPG

On 5/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, BTF said:

Thanks Aaron!  I used a port calculator and that was the area it spit out for box size and max power.  I'll bring it down a bit.

Also, from what I've read the Gcon will handle 1500w dynamically without issue.  Would you agree with that?  Or should I use a lower-powered amp?

The Gcon can handle over rated power.  If you want to add a little power handling, the flatwound coil will help for sure.  But that will change specs and sound a bit.